How much to build a Land Rover for overlanding ?

So TL;DW it's a classic "buy every single off-road accessory in the catalogue" truck but at Swiss prices for everything...

All that money and they're running 8-spokes with wheel spacers on an overland truck 🤮 surprised they're even allowed into Switzerland with that sort of thing.

• Like 1

All down to the individual.

Some people plan for 10 years and rebuild their vehicle on a 10th  of what is mentioned.

Some people have the money to pay for the work done and if they're happy, good for them.

I know the outfit that would have done this (or supplied the parts), its local to me. Went in once and laughed at their prices. But then most things in Geneva are about 3x what they would be in the UK, Not unusual to pay 10 quid for a pint downtown.

OFF ROAD ACCESSOIRES SA

That said some of their converted vehicles were very well done.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:29 AM, FridgeFreezer said:

surprised they're even allowed into Switzerland with that sort of thing.

Contrary to stereotypes, the rules on modified vehicles is actually more sensible in CH than some European countries. In France for example you cannot change engine fuel type, whereas in CH theres a well written document on mods, and i've even had the local authority respond personally to questions.