Changed fuel Filter now its stuffed

discovery 2 2000 td5 auto

So changed fuel filter didn't fill the new fuel filter with diesel all the way to top them primed it heard the pump started the car all good then 2 mins later it dies so i know there is an air lock somewhere in system but i dont where the bleed nipple/valve is or if there even is one

tried to prime/purge it again and crank to bleed the air outta but to no luck 

and m/s have started flashing meaning a fault of some kind and now the fuel pump isnt working as probaly due to low battery 

anyone know how to get this air lock outta the system and what the fault codes could mean 

cheers for the help

Edited by grantireland123

If the fuel pump is on it's way out - often caused by a partially blocked fuel filter, it can struggle to acheieve the 4 bar required at the engine to actually make the vehicle run.

Check the pump

Check the fuel regualtor is actually getting a minimum of 4 bar

Hi, Could be one of several problems. Are you able to check the fuel pressure at the FPR? Should be 4 bar. I'm just wondering if you've overworked the fuel pump and shown up a weakness.

Grff

Nonimouse beat me to it!

Edited by bear
  • Like 1