Which windscreen sealent?

fearofweapons

1 minute ago, fearofweapons said:

Hello! 

I'm looking for recommendations for windscreen sealent. Choices seem to range from 3M at nearly £17 per tube to ones at about £5.

I've been told not to use tiger seal as it sets hard, windscreen sealent stays flexible. 

Many thanks

Richard 

Sikaflex its what the windscreen fitters use  how many tubes do you need ? Regards Stephen 

That link is a little late, go back to around 2mins 30 seconds to see the screen insertion from the beginning.

The point about the Series screen is that it does NOT use a rubber seal, JUST the sealant.
The advice given via the S2C forum is that it's wise to put 'something' solid in the base of the windscreen frame, to stop the screen sliding downwards over time. This is especially relevant to the modern heated screens, as they seem to be slightly smaller than the original panes.

Go to 4.50 to see the Arbomast Windscreen sealant in use.

Regards.

I would suggest Arbomast too. I had a windscreen professionally fitted (Defender rather than Series though) and it leaked.

I thought I'd sorted it by dribbling in some Tolley's crack cure - but after a little off road trip it was back. I'm now assuming the Tolleys stuff is Ok until the joint flexes, then the seal is broken.

I went back to the windscreen fitter and they put in some Arbomast on the basis of its staying flexible. I've since got some more myself to re-do the alpine lights, as I think the Tolleys stuff has gone the same way there. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

Re Sikaflex - any particular one? There are so many numbers! e.g. Adhesive Sealants - Sikaflex?-255 FC Primerless Windscreen Glazing Adhesive 300ml Black | Sealants Online

For Arbomast - I found this? ARBO Arbomast Autograde Black 380ml - Sealants & Tools (sealantsandtools.co.uk) Is this correct?

thanks,

Richard

1 hour ago, fearofweapons said:

Yes that’s what I have seen used and I’m just about to buy a tube for my new back door glass (Defender). I’m getting it from an eBay seller at £10.95 delivered which is almost the same delivered cost as your link.