Starting on youtube after a year of Landy action in Africa...

roamingyak

9 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

I've bitten too. The chances of me seeing this in person are minimal - my wife does not do camping! (Roughing it for her is not having an en suite).

😆😄 You should enjoy it then, thanks for the encouragement :) 

On 5/31/2021 at 9:46 PM, Badger110 said:

subscribed.

I do understand what you mean by not having someone to share it with, I find travelling is best when shared as we all take something different from it.

I hope you get some companions for any future ventures :D

Thanks...
Though to be honest trying to film with other people that are not involved in the filming on the trip is next to impossible - filming slows everything down and is all consuming a lot of the time. 14 hours days, day after day, but I absolutely loved it, great to have a purpose your engaged with each day.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Arjan said:

Good - bit different from most travel videos.

The "patreon" bit was a bit short..

Thanks mate, it will become more 'in the bush' based after a few episodes.
I thought the decisions taken would be interesting for many people and it gives context to the rest of the films I think.
Plus having previously built the studio I wanted to use it a tiny bit at least ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

I watched your new episode - really enjoyed it.

It was interesting how you talked about that place and encounter being edgy, and on the other end of the scale you clearly have some great relationships with helpful people - I’d love to know a bit more on what know about staying safe? 

It must hinge on knowing the place and people well? or a strong instinct? 

• Thanks 1

Thanks mate ;)
The huge majority of people in the world are good and decent people - and who doesn't want to help a traveller in an older Landy 😉
I've spent quite a bit of time there over the years, so you get the lay of the land so to speak, its kind of 3 countries in 1 so you need to adjust depending on each situation. Namibia is easy compared to many other places in Africa....

In this trip I was trying to keep away from people as much as possible though!

Good one, again, this is different and to me much more interesting to watch than most other "overlanding video's" - many thanks.

Care to tell a bit more on the camera's etc. you've been using ?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

@Arjan Yip, next episode will probably have a quick snippet of gear used and links I think....

@Eightpot lol yes, I had the same experience, waiting inline at the supermarket, bored, turn around and 'Oh, theres 3 bare breasted ladies covered in red clay standing behind me". Opuwo has a true frontier town feel to it...
Buckley the chap in RY3 is a Himba, true story - he named his baby girl after me, that story comes a bit later :)