Steering knock.. 1987 110 csw

Afternoon chaps

Anyone tell me what this bit is?  I need the bush where the red arrow is pointing. Part numbers would be even better

i have noticed a knock, happens when turning left and braking at same time. Not loud or violent, just a little donk. And not all the time, very seldom in fact, twice maybe. But as I plan to use for a trip to Scotland at the end of August with the kids I would prefer to sort now 

Tell me it’s an easy job please 

thanks

mark 

2FDE4211-89CD-47EB-9665-D965604AD493.jpeg

Blimey - Island 4x4 - All fine if what arrives is what you want and works. I haven't had good experiences with them and the minute there is a problem they argue and take weeks to give you your money back. Proceed with caution. 

• Like 1

I really don’t know what the differences are between SuperPro and Genuine.

However I have SuperPro on my 110 and have driven all over Europe and many twisty, narrow roads, some unsurfaced. As far as I can feel the ride is great and so far I’m about 30K miles with them.

Maybe more challenging terrain with the consequent longer and ‘twistier’ suspension movement would test them more but I’m happy.

I used a vice to fit but some were a four handed job as they are very slippery with the silicone grease used to lubricate. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 5:39 AM, Chambo110 said:

Great info fellas thanks

gonna go with VB experiences and stick with genuine.

are they simple enough to fit? Assuming it’s a press to put back in ?

Just seen this, a small press and some press tools which I would be happy to lend you.

14 minutes ago, vulcan bomber said:

Just seen this, a small press and some press tools which I would be happy to lend you.

Very kind offer VB .. much appreciated. Your a little bit of a trek from me though. I’ll run it down to the tyre shop I know. They have a press down there. Thanks though 

fiest of all I need to get the painting finished. This really is never ending . 😁

Edited by Chambo110

On 7/14/2021 at 4:43 PM, western said:

that's the right hand end of the Panhard rod, Would suggest you buy & fit 2 new bushes ANR3410  & bolts x 2 x BH114167 & 2 x nuts NY114041

Ok I’m back on the steering.. 

the nuts n bolts Ralph mentioned?? Are they just a normal 14mm x 80mm bolt with nyloc nuts ?? Or “special”

Thanks