More tyres, sorry.

GBMUD

Chris,

Mike Cuff from the j33p club runs them and after speaking to him at seven sisters looked at getting them myself but no funds.

He runs 35/12.50 /15 he used to run BFG but at the time couldn't find any in the country, speak to lovvers he spoke to mike about them as well i think.

Chris,

I am off to france for a weeks off roading next week the bloke I am going with is running those tyres so can let you know in a couple of weeks how they got on.

I am running BFG's MT's 255 85 16 with staun bead lockers and I still manage to get mud between the tyre and rim so will also be interested how they go.

Peter

my mate runs them on his 6x6 rrc no probs offroad equal to bfgmt in mud lots of grip n selfclean :)

.......road mileage not so good they seem softer compound

....his rrc is a monster tho gmc 6.5t rear steer and [coff] 4t :blink::blink:

..me i love my bfgmts 255/85 16 superb all rounder

cheers

steveb

OK. Nobody has jumped up and said that the Cooper is an A1, must have tyre. The price is much the same and, if it is true about them potentially wearing faster, the BFGs are an obvious choice. I also have 2 sets of BFGs behind me and i am satisfied with them and their performance... in most respects. I am going out now to get them fitted. :)

Chris

Bought a set of these for my 90 last year. First trip was to Abingdon and they were absolutely superb never got stuck and didn't even spin a wheel. Next trip was the Milles Rivieres in France and again they were great. Not sure about over here but in Oz theye are guaranteed for 50,000 KM's.

Ivan

Lots of people here used to use the Coopers, not many do now. I don't know a lot about them but some reckoned they got lots of punctures and yes I think they do wear faster. I think in performance terms they were broadly the same as the BFGs but I'd buy BFGs over those every time. There is nothing wrong with them except for them being a Kumho standard of tyre (good but not as good as the top ones) at a BFG standard of price - so you'd naturally either buy Kumhos and save a bit of money or go for the genuine article. I have moved away from BFGs to the Insa Turbos on the 90 and I'll be moving back before long as the bl&*dy noise is driving me up the wall!!!

Not at all rude, I think I mentioned it elsewhere... or perhaps only the different companies. I paid £431.69 for 4 fitted but not balanced. Looking at the invoice they charged me £4.80+VAT for disposal of the old ones - I took them with me - cheeky buggers! I spoke to my preferred supplier of 4x4 tyres (4site IIRC) and he could not (or would not) get close to that price. Nene Valley offered them to me at £395 delivered.

Chris

The deed is done now. :) Turns out that Protyre, the place I got them from, is a part of the Micheldever group who are the UK importer of BFGs, hence the keen price.

Chris

So is 4Site, as 4Site/Southam/Micheldever are all something to do with each other, so I don't know what is going on there but the best deal is the best deal :)