permanently on live (positive) unfused feed? front to rear

Puma 2.2 2015 Utility XS

I have read (hopefully not imagined) that there is a permanently on live (positive) feed that runs from the 'front' to the back (somewhere in the drivers side triangular fabrication that protects the rear of the rear lights).

I wondered if this was still true for a 2015 Puma 110 utility?  and if so was it still a permanently on live (positive) unfused feed?

Thanks 

Bill

PS also would this apply to my 1989 110 TD (now V8)?

Yes, I can confirm from my rewire of my 1988 110 that the purple wire in the 1989 era will be for the tow socket. As others have noted it is a purple wire which is a fused permanent live. 

What do you want it for? To be safe you could run your own fused wire so you know it will be reliable. I added an additional fused permanent live fused wire to enable me to fit some 12v sockets in the back when I get round to it. 

1 hour ago, monkie said:

Yes, I can confirm from my rewire of my 1988 110 that the purple wire in the 1989 era will be for the tow socket. As others have noted it is a purple wire which is a fused permanent live. 

What do you want it for? To be safe you could run your own fused wire so you know it will be reliable. I added an additional fused permanent live fused wire to enable me to fit some 12v sockets in the back when I get round to it. 

Thanks everybody for the helpful comments - I want it (for the 110 2.2 Puma utility) so I can add a 50 Amp Andersen connector  (not sure if inside and protected) or outside, open to abuse, but accessible.  This would power auxiliary  'stuff' (like a tyre pump, and camping stuff)  

Any more useful advice gratefully accepted

cheers

B. 

21 hours ago, SteveG said:

As above, you’ll need to run a new wire of sufficient capacity to the rear, good compressors for example can draw 30-40 amps on their own. 12voltplanet is a good easy source of parts.

Very good point - Ive just checked - 0ne of mine id rated at 30A 

I will run a new cable, with a bigger fuse to protect it.. end to end.