Transmission issues - I think

Hi All

So, driving home from a week away in my 08 110, throughout the week when driving each time I set off I would hear a "pinging" sound and so thought right when I get back take a look at both prop shafts for damage wear etc. Whilst driving along one day with the window open when going round right hand bends I could hear a definite "tinging" sound, again put it down to prop shafts. Drove home last night and pulling into the road (300m from home) turning right there was a sound I can only describe as similar to if you missed a gear or the it jumped out of gear. I carried on a a short distance with this sound, managed to reverse onto my drive - by this time the sound had stopped. Did some checks on the TB H/L drive all seems OK. 

So am a bit stuck as to what it could be, am thinking maybe rear drive shaft has given up the ghost or ?? 

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Jon.

The only way to properly check the propshaft UJ's is off the vehicle . Be sure to chock the wheels before removing . 

The noise could also be a CV joint , either running dry or worn out . 

When you checked H/L function did you check the difflock works and is disengaged ? 

Steve