110 defender body removal

Wiring loom at the bulkhead, engine and rear lights need disconnecting, fuel lines off the filter or filter off the bulkhead, brake lines at bulkhead, I normally pull the clutch slave cylinder out and cable tie it to the bulkhead. Fuel filler needs letting go and battery cables from memory but I'm sure I've missed something.

IMG_20200524_084905.thumb.jpg.0229feba99c68524523c8f528fd3e9ab.jpg

Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

Wiring loom at the bulkhead, engine and rear lights need disconnecting, fuel lines off the filter or filter off the bulkhead, brake lines at bulkhead, I normally pull the clutch slave cylinder out and cable tie it to the bulkhead. Fuel filler needs letting go and battery cables from memory but I'm sure I've missed something.

IMG_20200524_084905.thumb.jpg.0229feba99c68524523c8f528fd3e9ab.jpg

Mike

Cheers Mike👍 That’s a good start anyhow. 

Radiator & it's frame, power steering pipes off inside face of front crossmember bulkhead to chassis brackets, front wing lower forward end to chassis, bulkhead bolts, 2nd row seat brackets to body, in addition to Mike's mentions above. 

This is how we removed my 110CSW body for its chassis change 

https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/89594-how-to-remove-a-complete-110-body-from-the-chassis/

• Like 1

I left the radiator and frame on the chassis and still connected to the engine. Same with the power steering just let the reservoir dangle on the pipes. In fact I lifted the whole radiator, steering, engine, gearbox and transfer box from one chassis to the other but it was on the limit of sensible on the crane and would of balanced better if I had room to do it from the side.

Mike

• Like 1

10 hours ago, western said:

Radiator & it's frame, power steering pipes off inside face of front crossmember bulkhead to chassis brackets, front wing lower forward end to chassis, bulkhead bolts, 2nd row seat brackets to body, in addition to Mike's mentions above. 

This is how we removed my 110CSW body for its chassis change 

https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/89594-how-to-remove-a-complete-110-body-from-the-chassis/

It’s was your diagram of the chassis with the body bolts on it that got me to join this forum. Cheers for compiling this info👍 I’m going to find it really useful in the coming months

12AA07E3-D1A9-43FE-8496-C06E9143A50B.png