Black

Simon_CSK

What is the difference between Java black and Santorini Black. 

All the Range Rovers and Sports I have and have had have been Java black but I have just bought an HST Sport with the back quater caved in and some damage to the rear door and have Java black panels to put on it. Does it mean I am going to notice a huge diference in the colour?

If you have the car and the panels then you are probably the only person in a position to find out arent you? You need to compare them in sunlight and fluorescent light possibly sodium light too.

I had a blue minivan that changed colour under different light sources.

Follow up from RRSport forum. https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post296037.html

Java is a solid black, santorini is a metalic black,

Then this.

My 08 RRS was Java and my 09 D3 is Santorini.

Both are metalic colours but look totally different in strong sunlight, the Java is black with a silver metalic sheen where as the Santorini has green and purple mixed into the sheen.

12 hours ago, missingsid said:

Probably but surely worth checking in sunlight first?

I live in Scotland it is always wet here so nobody is going to notice any difference :rofl:

Seriously I am going to fit the door and the quater and see what it looks like.

7 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

I live in Scotland it is always wet here so nobody is going to notice any difference :rofl:

Seriously I am going to fit the door and the quater and see what it looks like.

Haha, in that case you can delay the cost of respraying for as long as you can stand the different glow and since it's pouring this week and the end of summer? you can wait until next year now!!

6 hours ago, missingsid said:

since it's pouring this week and the end of summer? you can wait until next year now!!

And I will probably have had my fun found a 5 litre one and sold it by then so it will be up to someone else to worry about it. :rofl::rofl:

HNow here's a thing. I have just fitted and old black tailgate on to my sport that I bought 12 months ago. It was black and was for my V6 sport that I sold in March. When I fitted the frame I found that the black had the blue sparkle and tbh with it sitting next to the Java black yes I could see it but only because I was looking for it. WHen I fitted the outer tailgate last year I can honestly say I didn't see and difference. 

I think it was noticable only because the sun was directly on it.

If you're shelling-out for a respray, how about getting it done in Vantablack™

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack

Vantablack is the blackest-black yet created: it uses carbon nanotubes to capture 99.96% of all visible light falling on it - to the extent that it makes 3-dimensional objects take on a 2D aspect.

For me, that would be the ultimate "reverse-bling" stealth paint-job.... driving round in what amounts to a visual black-hole.