Pop Rivet Attachment

JeffR

I've been rebuilding the bonnet on the Defender, lots of pop rivets.... My long arm riveter went up in flames, my air riveter is undergoing a rebuild after it took to jumping of the workbench so I was left with a 1970's vintage hand powered job that definitely seen better days. So I took a punt on this for £7.99:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.866a1647865ad2b0006c7c6f465476a8.jpg

It arrived, so off to the garage to play with it went I.  Used a little 12v drill to power it and got a huge surprise, its fantastic.  Half a box of rivets later and I am asking myself how did I live without one....

Yes its irritating removing the stem (put drill in reverse), but thats the only fault.  Not sure how long it will last, but for less than a tenner...

Oh and my forearms love me again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, JeffR said:

I've been rebuilding the bonnet on the Defender, lots of pop rivets.... My long arm riveter went up in flames, my air riveter is undergoing a rebuild after it took to jumping of the workbench so I was left with a 1970's vintage hand powered job that definitely seen better days. So I took a punt on this for £7.99:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.866a1647865ad2b0006c7c6f465476a8.jpg

It arrived, so off to the garage to play with it went I.  Used a little 12v drill to power it and got a huge surprise, its fantastic.  Half a box of rivets later and I am asking myself how did I live without one....

Yes its irritating removing the stem (put drill in reverse), but thats the only fault.  Not sure how long it will last, but for less than a tenner...

Oh and my forearms love me again

Can't you twist it backwards by hand or is it too awkward or hard?