Have you ever seen the like? If so why?

DC_

Hi guys, fresh MOT on the Landy today. Had an advisory for the radius arms bushes. So parts are coming. Getting down to put the penetrating lube on the bolts and nuts I noticed this on my axle and it seems to be welded to the bolt of the radius arm on both sides of the axle in the same place (one at either end)ย ๐Ÿค”ย 

Has anyone ever seen this? Iโ€™m thinking to grind it off to get the impact on the nut. Just weird โ€ฆโ€ฆ

3CC5D332-699B-4653-841C-635809E7ACF6.jpeg

D79D6BF3-7015-4D24-81C5-316F430C2A20.jpeg

Itโ€™s Ex MoD so I was thinking might be something to do with that. Yes itโ€™s gettingย erased from existence for sure. Very weird though ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Another suggestion from someoneโ€ฆโ€ฆ the hole that the radius bolt goes through has ovalised so instead of fixing that, they bodged it like this? ๐Ÿค”

4 minutes ago, DC_ said:

Another suggestion from someoneโ€ฆโ€ฆ the hole that the radius bolt goes through has ovalised so instead of fixing that, they bodged it like this? ๐Ÿค”

Seems like a lot of trouble when you could just weld new washers of correct diameter in place regards Stephen

• Like 1

As longย as I donโ€™t get the blame ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Œ

This was suggested again to be a twin damper mount....... I guess weโ€™ll never know.ย 

ย 

ย 

3DCBE45B-D203-4820-8EB5-54F47BEADAF4.jpeg