O/T... where to buy a wheel clamp?

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

We have a couple of pricate carparks at work and as you'd expect in the middle of town, we've got a few cars that illigally park there.

We need to get a clamp, a decent beefy one, like the councils use to immobilise cars.

anyone any idea where to get one from? we've tried machine mart but they only do flimsy little ones that you'd use on a caravan.

I've not got the time to make one, so really need to get one off the shelf.

cheers!

I think you need a license to clamp nowadays Jim. Start closing the gate or parking your 110 behind them so that they have to come and ask you to move it.

Chris

Edited to add: This link will explain

Seems you could get around the above by not charging a release fee, but instead just "losing" the key for a day or two, the inconvenience will soon convince the drivers not to park there again

I was thinking the same as Lewis...

Delay the release until you have a natural break in your day. (End of job/tea break etc.)

That way the "illegal" parker has to wait and you can legitimately say you are working to a time line with your customers and that the illegal parking / release of car will happen whe you have the time......

Make sure signs are up saying that cars will be clamped... No mention of release fee of course !

Guest diesel_jim

Thanks for all that....

Hmm.... i didn't realise that even on your own bleedin property if someone dumps a car you've got to pay (mr Blair) some money.... 'tis a bloody con!

Still, like was said, just the hassle factor should help put people off. we've got a car at the moment which has spent all day with 3 others blocking it in! :D

I have a beefy wheel clamp for sale

Bulldog Titan

£80 less than a year old cost £120

sold secure item undefeated in tests

# Weight: 18.5 kg

# To fit wheel diam. 535mm - 670mm.

# Tyre width 195-205mm.

# Rim R14 to R15.

# Inset or flat wheel trim.

Guest diesel_jim
I have a beefy wheel clamp for sale

Bulldog Titan

£80 less than a year old cost £120

sold secure item undefeated in tests

# Weight: 18.5 kg

# To fit wheel diam. 535mm - 670mm.

# Tyre width 195-205mm.

# Rim R14 to R15.

# Inset or flat wheel trim.

you got a picture of it per chance? :D

PM me if it's easier.

Ignore the sales carp my dad gave me all his clamps (as Tony posted above) after pikeys nicked two of his brand new trailers leaving the clamps on the floor.

Too easy to get round the Police showed us how they get round them

I was gutted as I already had one and found it was a waste of money. They Look the nuts but a correctly placed recking bar and they bend very easily

the big yellow Box section ones are the hard ones to get off

I was thinking the same as Lewis...

Delay the release until you have a natural break in your day. (End of job/tea break etc.)

That way the "illegal" parker has to wait and you can legitimately say youare working to a time line with your customers and that the illegal parking / release of car will happen whe you have the time......

Make sure signs are up saying that cars will be clamped... No mention of release fee of course !

what we used to do when i worked in the flooring trade was stick a sign (A4 bit of paper) on the front windscreen. In front of the driver. Telling them not to park in front of our gates again. But here is the twist (we only did it to repeet offenders) we used to use copydex to glue it on. You know the stuff they use in carpets to bind the edges to stop them fraying. But you lot will know it as the stuff you use when you are at school , you know the white stuff that you could make into looking like boggies.

Well. That non toxic inance stuff turns laminated glass a nice milky colour and can not be got rid of , well it can but only buy putting a new windscreen in :D:D:D

They would not park there again :D

That non toxic inance stuff turns laminated glass a nice milky colour and can not be got rid of , well it can but only buy putting a new windscreen in :D:D:D

They would not park there again :D

That's cruel... Could be funny, but I couldn't do that without severe provocation... Then again ! ;)

We have a couple of pricate carparks at work and as you'd expect in the middle of town, we've got a few cars that illigally park there.

We need to get a clamp, a decent beefy one, like the councils use to immobilise cars.

anyone any idea where to get one from? we've tried machine mart but they only do flimsy little ones that you'd use on a caravan.

I've not got the time to make one, so really need to get one off the shelf.

cheers!

Have a look at this place -

Saunderson Security - Wheel Clamps

They sell the clamps the professionals use.

My mate is a Bailiff, he uses the 'London Police Clamp' and the 'London Triangle Clamp'.

The debtors rarely get them off or drive away with them fitted, but when they've tried, they've trashed their car doing so :lol:

Paul.

Ignore the sales carp my dad gave me all his clamps (as Tony posted above) after pikeys nicked two of his brand new trailers leaving the clamps on the floor.

Too easy to get round the Police showed us how they get round them

I was gutted as I already had one and found it was a waste of money. They Look the nuts but a correctly placed recking bar and they bend very easily

the big yellow Box section ones are the hard ones to get off

well I doubt you could remove this one with any wrecking bar

a petrol disc cutter may be.

this clamp is soild and insurers don't hand out decent discounts for nowt.

show me a pic of a Bulldog wheel clamp busted as you describe I'll apologise

until then this one is still for sale.