Should I buy this?

Peaklander

17 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

Blanco 

I am not too far from the Cairnryan Ferry I could trailer mine there 🤪

I did wonder about that solution, I will enquire at Stena whether a car can be met with a trailer, only snag might be insurance, but its worth asking.

36 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I did wonder about that solution, I will enquire at Stena whether a car can be met with a trailer, only snag might be insurance, but its worth asking.

I have shipped a car before from Hull to Rotterdam and it was towed on by the shipping company. Mine drives just doesn't have an MOT.

15 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

I have shipped a car before from Hull to Rotterdam

Interesting diversion this is becoming, ...... I suspect that the previous shipment was pre-brexit?

So, yes Stena will take an un-accompanied vehicle, 'off-peak' on the 11:30 am sailing  it costs £151.39 inc. VAT.

In order to travel as 'freight' however it now needs a G.M.R. or Goods Movement Reference number.

The shipper/vendor would normally be a commercial/business entity and now have all that in place.

There is some provision for personal / private access to the system, which is administered by HMRC, through the medium of 'intermediary' services.

I have stopped at that point and not yet rung HMRC to enquire further. The above gleaned from Stena and the Trader Support Service.

Apologies to Peaklander if we are diverging somewhat!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Interesting diversion this is becoming, ...... I suspect that the previous shipment was pre-brexit?

Blanco

Get your point completely and hadn't even considered the cross border situation I was merely thinking about the transportation.

Should be easier if it goes to NI first before Eire 

39 minutes ago, Simon_CSK said:

Should be easier if it goes to NI first before Eire 

If I had a destination address in N.I. to use it might be but as it is I don't and my car is a Southern reg. so I would be stopped leaving the port.

There is a solution though..... I have to come and get it and drive it on the ferry myself,..... but it mustn't cost me more than €430 :D