Anyone know the answer to this ?

We don’t know yet -  announcements about service and warranty soon. We know they are not going for a conventional dealer network / they have said they are making all factory info open source and will honour warranties serviced at independent garages. 

Beyond that I don’t think we know.

• 1 month later...

Remember the GBP figure includes UK VAT, so £40,000 + VAT for the 2 seat commercial. 

The press release I put up on the other thread goes into some official detail for service and sales.

"INEOS Automotive is striking agreements with retail and aftersales partners around the world to establish up to 200 sales and service points for the July 2022 launch of the Grenadier 4X4. These partners will implement a first-class global aftersales blueprint developed by INEOS together with Robert Bosch GmbH over the last three years. Retail partners will form the backbone of the service network, with additional geographical coverage provided by handpicked Bosch Car Service outlets. The comprehensive service network means most customers will never be further than 50km away from an INEOS-accredited workshop."

"Where spare parts are not on the shelf, INEOS is targeting delivery to major markets within 24 hours."

"Deliveries of the Grenadier will begin in July 2022. UK In the UK, INEOS plans to have 23 retail sites in operation ahead of launch, supplemented by Bosch aftersales outlets as required.

Formal agreements already signed with:

• Cambria Automobiles

• Compass Tractors: Bridgwater, Somerset

• JT Hughes: Telford

Further agreements will be confirmed in due course. Prices in UK are expected to start from approx. £48,000 (RRP)."

Edited by jeremy996
adding more stuff

Interesting, I saw a YT video about how they are targeting retail/machinery outlets rather than have any showrooms at all, seems like that is definitely the case.

You'll be able to pop down to Mole Valley Farmers and order your Grenadier, nice.

I was thinking about the tractor thing - compared to the Japanese pick ups these seems expensive, but perhaps that’s an unfair comparison ?  If they are more capable, durable, and all around more tool like ..  and when you look at tools that farmers buy - none of them are cheap. Look at the price of tractors …

On 10/1/2021 at 6:13 PM, Happyoldgit said:

All the farmers around these parts use pickups [not just Japanese] either with canopies or without and seem to manage very well. The last agricultural Defender around here went a while back.

The other end of the stick here.... I can only think of a couple of farms round these parts (that aren't just contracted) that don't have a defender (or at least a D2).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

The other end of the stick here.... I can only think of a couple of farms round these parts (that aren't just contracted) that don't have a defender (or at least a D2).

Well....that's Oxfordshire for you.

• Like 2

In Australia, Ineos has landed a partnership with Bosch Service Centres (Established network) to service the Grenadier. How this works in practise is yet to be seen because as far as I'm aware Bosch don't have Automotive workshops.

2 minutes ago, geoffbeaumont said:

Still plenty of Defenders on the farms round here in Lancashire too. Plenty of 4x4 pickups as well, mind.

Most seem to be running round in D2s now, with most of the bodywork having off, and no shocks left attached. If you are lucky you get a brake light intermittently working.

Lot of smaller farms round here, may have a bearing on things.