Series 2.25 Engine Mounts

kevin50

Bit of a Dilemma here, Chassis just about ready to send off to Galvanisers next week but Just remembered that the bloody Engine Mounts are probably in the wrong place, When I striped it It had a 6 cylinder petrol on it on the Mounts in pics, I am putting a 2.25 petrol back in though so Question is will the 2.25 sit on these mounts or will they have to be moved back as there is marks what look like where they were originally ??
Dont have the engine here to try in as it is at rebuilders, god knows how long that will take.

IMG_20210828_185719.jpg

IMG_20210828_185750.jpg

Cut those off and using the ghost lines of the original mounts drill a couple of holes central to the ghost outline one above the other to clear the horizontal ghost lines sized for M10 one side and big enough the other to feed in an anti-crush tube . 

Then once it's galv'd and you have the engine you can add bolt on chassis sections for the mounts - I might even have some on an old scrap chassis somewhere . 

Steve

On 8/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, steve b said:

Cut those off and using the ghost lines of the original mounts drill a couple of holes central to the ghost outline one above the other to clear the horizontal ghost lines sized for M10 one side and big enough the other to feed in an anti-crush tube . 

Then once it's galv'd and you have the engine you can add bolt on chassis sections for the mounts - I might even have some on an old scrap chassis somewhere . 

Steve

Just seen this Thanks .

A mate welded them in place, not sure if they are right as didnt have engine yet to try, and chassis is at  Galvanisers , will take pics when it comes back.