E10 petrol

Simon_CSK

3 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

I wish they would just disappear, tbh, so much harm being done.

Where are you at the moment @reb78? Perhaps one of us on here can point you in the right direction, even if by PM to avoid the masses descending.

Potters Bar area at the moment. Needing to travel back to Cornwall on Thursday ideally! Its not the end of the world if I cant but far from ideal! I considered not travelling but it just leaves others in the lurch at work if I dont. To be honest, I assumed that once the masses filling their cars at the weekend went back to work this would fade away but it doesnt look like it has!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Potters Bar area at the moment. Needing to travel back to Cornwall on Thursday ideally! Its not the end of the world if I cant but far from ideal! I considered not travelling but it just leaves others in the lurch at work if I dont. To be honest, I assumed that once the masses filling their cars at the weekend went back to work this would fade away but it doesnt look like it has!

I think it will by then, there's some fuel at Jct22 M5 almost always (if that helps, I assume going M5 way and not M3), rationed to £30, but would have thought would be enough. You are luck you have even 200 miles in the tank, gives you lots more options.

Just now, landroversforever said:

Have you watched the Late Brake Show review of it on Youtube?

Yep... and a few others, for all my local driving I can't really see a downside. 3 hour charge, 43 mile range, and small enough to sneak through when parents are driving their colossalwagons to pick up the kids.

Like I say, I need to drive it before any decision, the deposit is really just gauging interest.

• Like 3

Those photos are with the "a l'orange" pack, the standard one is not quite so jarring.

I think the biggest thing for me will be whether they have the NVH sorted -is should be reasonably quiet, and soft suspension or it will be no good at all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

The're made from the same panel so you get a suicide door on one side too :lol: 

Lol, that is quite cool

For me I don't do enough 'city' driving to make having a specific car worthwhile. Just take the Defender if space likely to be tight as I don't drive a barge 😀

29 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

Lol, that is quite cool

For me I don't do enough 'city' driving to make having a specific car worthwhile. Just take the Defender if space likely to be tight as I don't drive a barge 😀

Trust me, I'm very rural, to the point 60mph is rarely reached and much driving is on single track lanes, but pretty short distances (3 miles), so little point 'firing up the quattro'.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bowie69 said:

Trust me, I'm very rural, to the point 60mph is rarely reached and much driving is on single track lanes, but pretty short distances (3 miles), so little point 'firing up the quattro'.

I am pretty rural too and tend to do a lot of similar length journeys on the same sort of roads. I prefer to take the Defender as it makes life easier being able to pull up a bank/onto the verge or reverse into a field entrance to let people through, in the OH's A5 all of those things are a PITFA as it is so low to the ground with easily damaged low bits. The Citroen above has most of the issues of the A5 on those type of roads as well as being a less nice place to be. The down side of ICE vehicles for short journeys round here is the lack of fuel stations which this would obviously resolve.

I guess I am saying, go buy a Defender instead 😀

1 minute ago, L19MUD said:

The Citroen above has most of the issues of the A5 on those type of roads as well as being a less nice place to be.

See what you are saying, though being half the width of some of the cars round here will mean no need to verge-it anyhow ;) 

Like I say, still need to drive it.

• Like 1

Off on another tangent but does seem like an appropriate place to mention it given the petrol shortage! I have been considering changing my 2010 L322 for either a 4.4 L405 or an Ford F150 pickup but have been dithering about and done nothing about it. Then a couple of things aligned, a late model F150 Platinum turned up for sale and it was located on the route of my recent road trip. We decided a test drive was in order

The F150 was the perfect spec for me 3.5v6 twin turbo 375bhp and the later 10 speed auto box. It was also a top spec platinum model  which gets you pretty near a high spec L405  - Heated and cooled seats, blind spot control, trailer assist, deployable side steps etc etc

591648620_F150-1.thumb.jpg.6732bb7beb68ea3814e4743bebe01be8.jpg1468044395_F150-2.thumb.jpg.3f16b400d15d977e3a8d813d6182f085.jpg

Took it out for a decent test drive and it drove lovely, engine and transmission so quiet they could not be heard (other than the tyres which I would have changed), ride decent but not as good as a RR on air as you would expect. The left hand drive did not bother me but the size of it felt so much bigger over here in the UK then they do in the states. The picture next to a Ranger gives you some idea. We went away to think about it and after years of hankering after one I have bottled it and decided that it will just be too much of a pain as a daily driver

If I won the lottery I would have one over here as a toy but sadly I think this was one dream best left as a dream

• Like 3

I certainly think there is now a case for some control of the press in certain circumstances.

I first thought so during the start of the covid epidemic and their creation and whipping up of hysteria during this fuel crisis further reinforces that belief. I find this behaviour reprehensible and irresponsible.

This will continually repeat itself now as each media outlet fights to sell advertising space by creating and developing new "crises" from which they will hope to line their pockets.

They need to be controlled now or this will be the just the latest installment in a series of life disrupting events contrived for profit.

@reb78 fuel stations in North Herts, Beds and North Bucks all seem to have calmed down now so you shouldn't have any trouble getting fuel.

Mo

9 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

I certainly think there is now a case for some control of the press in certain circumstances.

I first thought so during the start of the covid epidemic and their creation and whipping up of hysteria during this fuel crisis further reinforces that belief. I find this behaviour reprehensible and irresponsible.

This will continually repeat itself now as each media outlet fights to sell advertising space by creating and developing new "crises" from which they will hope to line their pockets.

They need to be controlled now or this will be the just the latest installment in a series of life disrupting events contrived for profit.

@reb78 fuel stations in North Herts, Beds and North Bucks all seem to have calmed down now so you shouldn't have any trouble getting fuel.

Mo

Or we can live in hope that people will work out that journalists lie more than politician's and stop reading/believing a word they say.

:rtfm::hysterical:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

Mo

Funny that's exactly how Climate Change was whipped up 10 years earlier than expected. Newspapers could not wait that long so waited a year then every event was caused by CC.

I'll let you make your on judgement on if this is good or bad. Both that and petrol are useful for government to raise taxes.

If the press would like to instil some fear in climate change something that is a real problem that we need to act on to make it not a problem then great. Starting 10 years ago would have been a great idea. The climate is already changed now and we have to hope it’s only bad not catastrophic longer term.

As for creating problems out of something that is not a problem that I could do with the press not doing.  Very select pictures of empty shelves and large petrol queues not helpful.

I hope the international news is reporting this for the silliness it is:

Uk rocked by country wide panic buying to the point there are concerns for ambulances with after one petrol station in east London gets its delivery moved to next week……

“Are you getting an EV?”

“no I get range anxiety “

“hold my water bottle……”

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

Go to Hatfield or Welwyn Garden City then Rich.

Mo

Hatfield isn't good according to a work colleague who said it was still bad up there. Have you been through today Mo? I dont know about Welwyn but suspect similar to Hatfield?

3 hours ago, L19MUD said:

Off on another tangent but does seem like an appropriate place to mention it given the petrol shortage! I have been considering changing my 2010 L322 for either a 4.4 L405 or an Ford F150 pickup but have been dithering about and done nothing about it. Then a couple of things aligned, a late model F150 Platinum turned up for sale and it was located on the route of my recent road trip. We decided a test drive was in order

The F150 was the perfect spec for me 3.5v6 twin turbo 375bhp and the later 10 speed auto box. It was also a top spec platinum model  which gets you pretty near a high spec L405  - Heated and cooled seats, blind spot control, trailer assist, deployable side steps etc etc

591648620_F150-1.thumb.jpg.6732bb7beb68ea3814e4743bebe01be8.jpg1468044395_F150-2.thumb.jpg.3f16b400d15d977e3a8d813d6182f085.jpg

Took it out for a decent test drive and it drove lovely, engine and transmission so quiet they could not be heard (other than the tyres which I would have changed), ride decent but not as good as a RR on air as you would expect. The left hand drive did not bother me but the size of it felt so much bigger over here in the UK then they do in the states. The picture next to a Ranger gives you some idea. We went away to think about it and after years of hankering after one I have bottled it and decided that it will just be too much of a pain as a daily driver

If I won the lottery I would have one over here as a toy but sadly I think this was one dream best left as a dream

That is nice! That V6 engine is lovely too and not bad on fuel... I am going through the same dilemma but Cornish lanes are stopping me. When are you selling your L322...?

Just now, reb78 said:

That is nice! That V6 engine is lovely too and not bad on fuel... I am going through the same dilemma but Cornish lanes are stopping me. When are you selling your L322...?

Honestly if felt more like driving a 7.5 ton tipper in terms of size than my 3.5 ton transit tipper, it really did feel huge for the UK. No set time really, this one just came up and it prompted me to go look as they would take the RR as part ex too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

Mo

I quite agree, I also think social media has much to answer for as well. Ease of communication to a potential audience of thousands + is one thing but some of the drivel being shared just proves that two short planks are probably more intelligent that some humans.