E10 petrol

Simon_CSK

56 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Done a few tanks through the ambulance now and all I've noticed (which may be total coincidence) is the fuel gauge is now tending towards reading lower than it used to - but that could be any number of unrelated things.

It's a lower calorific value...

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Do we really need to take sides on this? It's not a holy war you know :ph34r:

No, agreed it isn't. I was just trying to draw attention to the quite limited amount of electricity generation capacity we currently have, the reliance on power imports, the seemingly rushed moves to increase reliance on electricity as an energy source for both road vehicles and domestic heating, and the absence of plans for further generation capacity compared to the fuel shortage which is 'just' a distribution problem, and therefore not as serious a problem, though undoubtedly badly affecting many people, both in getting the fuel, and finding the means to pay for it. The price reflects that. But I probably shouldn't have made it sound quite so polarised. But it is anyway  OT.  I apologise.

• Like 3