Defender 130 double cab

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

Was looking at one in Gibraltar today. double cab with the hi-Cap rear tub, looked pretty smart.

Got to thinkng about building one as my next project. anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

was thinking along the lines of:

D130 double cab w/ hicap tub

disc braked salisbury rear

salisbury front

300Tdi or (when funds allow!) 2.8 international.

possibly 9.00x16 tyres

twin tanks

I've got an 8274, front roll cage hoop, steering/axle guards,snorkel etc already in the garage.

Anyone got any experience of fitting a southdown guard (standard rover type axle) onto a salisbury front? i know that surrey off road did some for the SAS 110 DPV's yeas back, but i forgot to take some close up pics at the 110 @ Billing... think it will "just" be a case of cutting/welding etc.... :unsure:

Guest diesel_jim

Thats what i was thinking of Ralph... a 130 double cab with the short hicap tub (i'm trying to decide between building this 130 or another 110 standard hicap... both dead usefull trucks really)

thanks for the offer Kev, but i can't afford to buy a complete vehicle unfortunately... however.... if you wouldn't mind, could you take some pics of it for me? I'll PM you with a list of the shots i'd like.... thanks! :D:D

Hi Jim.....what would you be using the truck for?

I have a 130 which has been worked in in every department apart from the rear discs/salisbury department.

People think that the 130 is a bit of a 'barge' but I love mine and everything that it's capable of doing!

Good choice lad...go for it.

Regards,

Streaky.

Guest diesel_jim

It would just be as a buid-up project, then as a genral load lugger/off road plaything.

I've built a couple of 90's and a 110 hicap in the past, i was just looking at one and thinking "yup, that'll do"

I've got a load of bits off of my old 90 that would make it "blingable" (8274,snorkel,axe guard,rollcage etc) so it would be fairly well sorted.

just for fun really, so no hurry with it (just as well, as i need to find a 130 chassis,station wagon body, 130 hicap rear tub and rear bulkhead. oh, and a 300Tdi and salibury front axle...did i miss anything? :rolleyes: )

eBay and sodbury to the rescue!!

Hi Jim.....what would you be using the truck for?

I have a 130 which has been worked in in every department apart from the rear discs/salisbury department.

People think that the 130 is a bit of a 'barge' but I love mine and everything that it's capable of doing!

Good choice lad...go for it.

Regards,

Streaky.