Milwaukee M18 Grease gun

Cornish Rattler

We have one of them in the workshop - it's awesome!

I used it on some big steel on steel pin hinges that someone had forgotten to grease before assembling.  With 32 Ton on the hinge, we couldn't push in any grease with a hand grease gun, just couldn't get enough pressure.  The battery gun squirted a whole tube in, in no time.

The bad squealing noises went away as if by magic!

With the pressure it delivers, I wondered if it might be useful for Hydroforming?

I've seen people (on youtube) doing it with a pressure washer - but I think the material they were forming must have been particularly squashy (technical, engineering term there).  When I tried it, it did nothing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simonr said:

With the pressure it delivers, I wondered if it might be useful for Hydroforming?

I've seen people (on youtube) doing it with a pressure washer - but I think the material they were forming must have been particularly squashy (technical, engineering term there).  When I tried it, it did nothing!

Have you seen Colin Furze's suit of armour he made? That was hydroformed with a pressure washer.

Yep i gave them both a go this morning in the garage just to get grease through on the grease gun and to test the ratchet worked as i bought them both as bodies only and used the batteries i had but landy is due a grease up soon so can't wait to and no dowt i will have something to undo / tighten up so can't wat to do that either 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...