Cordless Pressure Washers

Anyone got any experience with any of the cordless pressure washers? Looking at something like these: 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/worx-hydroshot-22bar-20v-1-5ah-li-ion-powershare-cordless-portable-pressure-washer/503hv

81iv7EyPd7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Whilst not for the Land Rover yet, thought you lot would be the best bunch to run it past for experience. Looking for something to keep the daily free of bird sh!te as the new house parking is all under trees and it's getting blasted. The parking is also not next to the house so have no power or water connection nearby. 

Ideally I'd get one that suits the DeWalt XR batteries as that's what all my cordless stuff is, but I can't seem to see one and I think the Stanley stuff is a different battery connection. 

Anyone got one? How do you find it? Does it work off bottles like the Worx one? 

Thanks in advance! 

5 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Anyone got any experience with any of the cordless pressure washers? Looking at something like these: 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/worx-hydroshot-22bar-20v-1-5ah-li-ion-powershare-cordless-portable-pressure-washer/503hv

81iv7EyPd7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Whilst not for the Land Rover yet, thought you lot would be the best bunch to run it past for experience. Looking for something to keep the daily free of bird sh!te as the new house parking is all under trees and it's getting blasted. The parking is also not next to the house so have no power or water connection nearby. 

Ideally I'd get one that suits the DeWalt XR batteries as that's what all my cordless stuff is, but I can't seem to see one and I think the Stanley stuff is a different battery connection. 

Anyone got one? How do you find it? Does it work off bottles like the Worx one? 

Thanks in advance! 

How far from the house are you, only asking as I have a hose that is around 80m + for washing patio and paths around the house without having to constantly set up pressure washer in a different place.

I just don't see cordless / batteries doing well in a pressure washing environment. regards Stephen

Edited by Stellaghost

Probably about that by the time you've done a lap of the building. Then we've got the storage of the hose as an issue (first floor maisonette, we've got a tiny garden with an outdoor cupboard, but haven't really got the space for storing a reel at the moment. 

Main thought for this kind is that its quick and easy pick up to blast the bird sh!te off. Hose is doable but a pain, therefore less likely to be done.

I had to laugh when I saw the TV ad for this showing it being used to clean a Defender. I really can't see it being much use for dealing with the aftermath of an off road play day. It's probably pretty good for cleaning your mountain bike off before taking it home, maybe even a motocrosser if the mud hasn't dried on.

On the topic of cordless things, today I picked this up in Lidl as I already have a jigsaw that uses the required batteries. Given how much I hate extension leads I thought this would be dead handy for those little soldering jobs on the LR. I'll be interested to see how long it'll run off a 2ah battery. It takes less than a minute to heat up and has auto power off after 10 mins.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/diy-projects/parkside-20v-cordless-soldering-station-bare-unit/p45858

On 10/7/2021 at 7:31 AM, Romahomepete said:

I use mine to clkean my series after it has been offroad.  It works well, just a bit slower than the mains ones.

Peter

Peter, how long do you find the battery keeps going for? 1.5 Ah isn't very much in the context of other battery powered tools I use.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickeyw said:

Peter, how long do you find the battery keeps going for? 1.5 Ah isn't very much in the context of other battery powered tools I use.

That was one of my thoughts too. Interested to hear your experience @Romahomepete. If it is short, the adaptor linked above would solve that with my DeWalt batteries.

If the voltage is around 12v I'd make up an adapter cable and run it from the car battery - if you're worried you can run the engine while you clean.

I've seen a few folks bring them to play days to do a quick clean-off before heading home but on a properly muddy truck I imagine it would be quite a chore as even cheap "normal" pressure washers take an age compared to the beefier more industrial ones.