mordant solution

I need some mordant solution for the 110 chassis before I paint it. So, a few questions:

Are they all much of a muchness or is one type better than another?

How much do I need for a 110 chassis?

How do you apply it?

I bought 5 litres via ebay for my chassis,  solution came from Future protective coatings, Dunmow Essex,  still got at least 1.5 litres left,

I washed the chassis with hot soapy water, rinsed with clean water & hand dried it, the rush on the Mordant T, leave until galv turns blue/black then rinse off to neutralise the acid, dry off & apply primer, surface finish. 

Edited by western
mordant T suppliers name added.

I was going to say - having T-washed all sorts of stuff in the past, the best results I got was when I degreased and then gave a "quick" rub down with something appropriately abrasive then t wash.. good luck - tedious job ergh.

2 hours ago, Maverik said:

I was going to say - having T-washed all sorts of stuff in the past, the best results I got was when I degreased and then gave a "quick" rub down with something appropriately abrasive. good luck - tedious job ergh.

I agree. I remember reading an info sheet for 'Rourkes' (sp) Vinylast paint for galvanising. Rather than using T-wash it mentioned cleaning/degreasing and rubbing the fresh galvanising with 600/possibly 800 grit wet/dry paper, used wet. Then degrease again, prime asap. I've used that method for several LR projects where each vehicle had 100+ parts regalvanised. Adhesion has been decent, although probably not as good as a T-washed part, but I hate seeing fresh galvanising turn black.

I had no idea how much I would need when I painted my new 90 chassis last year was so I bought 5L (it was cheap enough not to worry) and ended up using about 1.5L.

Hung on to the rest for a while and then got rid as I couldn't see a time I would be using it again.