Warning: avoid DefenderUpgrades

Naks

This is warning to all to avoid buying from https://defenderupgrades.co.uk/

I ordered a double-din fascia from, but they sent the wrong side panel switch - the website shows the panel with the round cutout, but they sent the one with only buttons, which I can't use because I have a Madman EMS.

this is what the website shows (https://defenderupgrades.co.uk/product/double-din-dashboard-matt-black-centre-fascia-console-movable-air-vents/):
doub-din-gloss-black-1.png

this is what arrived:

DSC_3706.JPG

My email went unanswered, but they eventually responded on Facebook: "Ours only come with new style side panel now"

So nevermind that they didn't update the photos on their website, and are therefore wilfully misleading their customers, but they are basically telling me to p*** off.

bunch of exercisers, last time I'm ordering from them 😡

• Sad 2

Strange ... seems they blow hot and cold... just 2 minutes ago read a post on defender2.net from a regular poster saying how great they were.

Never used they myself so no 1st hand experience. But from what I read it seems 50:50 whether I would ever use them.

12 hours ago, Mean Green said:

Strange ... seems they blow hot and cold... just 2 minutes ago read a post on defender2.net from a regular poster saying how great they were.

Never used they myself so no 1st hand experience. But from what I read it seems 50:50 whether I would ever use them.

Well, if that customer got what they wanted, then they would be happy.  But if customers are ordering one thing, getting something else and then being brushed off, the service is bad and a similar reputation deserved.  If they are advertising false specs for their product, then that is illegal.

32 minutes ago, Snagger said:

Well, if that customer got what they wanted, then they would be happy.  But if customers are ordering one thing, getting something else and then being brushed off, the service is bad and a similar reputation deserved.  If they are advertising false specs for their product, then that is illegal.

Apparently they don't think it's that big of a deal when I told them that what they're doing is misleading:

image.png.74e0450ea8d1e53880cb3853ceb392c5.png

Totally agree with Naks. In 2019-2020 I bought a lot of things from them. Most were good items, happy with them.

But when I tried to fix their Led door handles and Aluminum side mirror arms with leds (both really expensive parts) it soon became clear that the design was totally wrong. Impossible to fit.

When I complained to Gareth W. I just did´t get any answer (he had been very helpful until then). Those items were straight to the bin. A shame.