All drive lost in Wolf 90

AJL

Hi Guys haven't been on here in almost 15 years since I sold my 110!

My son has recently bought a Wolf 90 which he's slowly tidying up. Today he drove it out of storage after letting it warm up and suddenly whilst driving slowly up a lane there was a loud "click" from the transmission and all drive was lost. The truck will select gears in high and low box without crunching etc but absolutely no drive. We're thinking transfer box or gearbox output shaft or maybe the clutch. 

Would anyone else have any ideas

thanks in advance

Will it drive in diff lock, are the props rotating. If yes to either of these it's diff, drive flange or halfshaft. If not pull the round cover off the transfer box here you'll be able to see if the shaft and or the input gear are spinning. If the gear is spinning the transfer box has broken. If the gear isn't but the shaft is the splines have gone on the gear or shaft  (you can remove the gear to check if need be). If the shaft isn't spinning the gearbox or clutch is dead.

Mike

I had a clutch centre go on a Series 3 once - giving exactly the same symptoms - and it only made a quiet click when it let go too. Tricky to know if it's that or a broken input shaft.  If the clutch, you MAY hear a small rattle with the pedal depressed?  I'm trying to think what would be the easiest way to peer into the box but I'm having a brain fart and have to out shortly.  It does look like an inspection is warranted.