Roamerdrive Lever Thread Size

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

I would like to extend my roamerdrive lever as i have a cubby box fitted and the knob is lower than the built in cup holders on the front of the cubby box, i thought it was M10 as the knob securing nuts screw onto a piece of M10 threaded rod but M10 nuts won't screw onto the roamerdrive lever but noticed the knob securing nuts are slightly sloppy on the threads of the M10 threaded rod so obviously not M10 so has anyone got any idea's what the thread size is please.

Edited by Cornish Rattler

Right everything i ordered in 3/8" UNC arrived yesterday so this morning i decided to do the roamerdrive lever so after removing the roamerdrive lever i went to screw in the 3/8" UNC threaded bar and it just dropped in the threaded hole where the roamerdrive lever was but looking at it all now it looks like its 7/16" UNC, 1/2" would be way to big so looks like i need to order everything in 7/16" UNC

Edited by Cornish Rattler

If you’re going to have one specially engraved, wouldn’t it be better to go with the original name of Roverdrive?  LR can’t go after you or them for a bespoke knob like that, even though they did go after Ray and forced him to change the name.

26 minutes ago, Snagger said:

If you’re going to have one specially engraved, wouldn’t it be better to go with the original name of Roverdrive?  LR can’t go after you or them for a bespoke knob like that, even though they did go after Ray and forced him to change the name.

I'm not changing the knob just lengthening the original roamerdrive lever but still using the original roamerdrive knob 🙂

On 10/26/2021 at 1:04 PM, Cornish Rattler said:

I'm not changing the knob just lengthening the original roamerdrive lever but still using the original roamerdrive knob 🙂

Right everything i've ordered in 7/16" has arriver and everything screws together so tomorrows task is to shape and cut the threaded bar to suit 🙂

I will be interested to see how it looks and feels. Not only do I have a cubby, it's sitting on a Mudstuff heater locker which has my Eber. D2 air heater in it. So the overdrive lever is a long way down from my elbow position. I tend to only use it on dual carriageways or motorways and so it doesn't get operated too often.

Have I got this correct, it's all 7/16" UNF even though those fancy replacement knobs are 3/8"?

4 hours ago, Peaklander said:

I will be interested to see how it looks and feels. Not only do I have a cubby, it's sitting on a Mudstuff heater locker which has my Eber. D2 air heater in it. So the overdrive lever is a long way down from my elbow position. I tend to only use it on dual carriageways or motorways and so it doesn't get operated too often.

Have I got this correct, it's all 7/16" UNF even though those fancy replacement knobs are 3/8"?

The knob is a smaller thread than the other end is but i only extended the bottom bit so never needed to check the knob end.

Its done but i didn't take any pic's but will do tomorrow 🙂

That looks very handy for you. The key difference between that on yours and one for a Defender, is that the Defender lever is on the top, to the left side of the Transfer box selector. Still, it's a long reach for me with the cubby so high.

IMG_9097.thumb.jpg.7989feef43314191581cffe3f9fd3995.jpg

1 hour ago, Peaklander said:

That looks very handy for you. The key difference between that on yours and one for a Defender, is that the Defender lever is on the top, to the left side of the Transfer box selector. Still, it's a long reach for me with the cubby so high.

IMG_9097.thumb.jpg.7989feef43314191581cffe3f9fd3995.jpg

Yeah, i mite give it a test run tomorrow and see how it is