New Range Rover L460 breaks cover

Naks

Land Rover begins countdown to the world premiere of the New Range Rover by revealing the first image of its new luxury model: https://media.landrover.com/news/2021/10/land-rover-provides-first-glimpse-new-range-rover

• World premiere: The New Range Rover will make its global debut at 20:45 BST (21:45 CEST) on Tuesday 26 October
  • Modern luxury by design: First image provides official glimpse of the new luxury SUV
  • Watch the livestream: Join the reveal from 20:40 BST on Land Rover’s YouTube channel
  • Find out more: Sign up for updates at landrover.com/newrangerover
  • Be the first: Order books open in line with the world debut on 26 October

7 minutes ago, elbekko said:

Did they decide to try and outdo the ugliness of the D5 with that rear end? Good god.

I think it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. The back end is horrendous. I agree about the Discovery 5 but this is far worse.

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

Did they decide to try and outdo the ugliness of the D5 with that rear end? Good god.

I was wondering if they deliberately  release this while COP26 is going on -can you think of a more inappropriate vehicle to be launched right now?

3 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

I think it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. The back end is horrendous. I agree about the Discovery 5 but this is far worse.

Really hope it does not look as bad as that. Was banking on this new one driving the price of L405's down!!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

Too much shiny glass and that colour is awful in the right colour though I think it will look good. Give it another 10 years before I can afford one!

WHat a rich man I need to wiat until they are at least 14 years old before I can afford them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L19MUD said:

No.....how much for a nice L405?

You arw probably looking around the 20k mark for a good early model but when the new model is released I would think that will fall to around 12 to 15k. Watch L322s fall and P38s rise.

• Like 1

I saw one of these in the sort of cammo they use, on the M25 last Monday morning (at about 5am).  It was obviously a Land Rover vehicle, but I didn't know what sort.  Now I do!

It didn't look too ugly - but there was nothing about it that rang out as a great bit of design, just more of the same "sucked-sweet" look.

Si

I found the current Range Rover style unimaginative and a little bland when it came out and still think it lacks the presence of its predecessor(s).  This new one regains some presence but not in a good way.  Not that my opinion matters to the factory - I've owned and loved Range Rovers in the past but much cheaper vehicles have that blend of refinement and versatility these days...

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/rangerover/2022-audi-rs3-sportback-ph-review/44848

Not sure why the link text is about an Audi, but the article is definitely about the Range Rover.

Still not a fan of the back, tye rest looks nice. PHEV and BEV options with low emissions, which is nice tax-wise. But only 2500kg towing for the PHEV... pretty sad.

I think it looks bland, could be a sized up Freelander3 Discovery Sport or another Ford US SUV like the Explorer... Nothing as striking as the original!
And what's with the stick-on Ipad in the interior instead of a well finished and integrated screen as on previous models? Not too excited about the BMW engine either, going by how they did in the L322 (and P38 diesel). I wonder what V8 Jaguar will use in future models (if they still get a V8 that is). 

Then again, I know I'm getting old and even more cynical every day and there is little to no chance of me ever buying a new Range Rover or even a second hand one from this century. So if I don't like it, the target audience no doubt will. I hope for JLRs sake they sell a lot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elbekko said:

Still not a fan of the back, tye rest looks nice. PHEV and BEV options with low emissions, which is nice tax-wise. But only 2500kg towing for the PHEV... pretty sad.

Really surprised by that. Judging by the number of current models with 3 axle trailers behind them you would think that would be a huge detractor

• Like 1