Salisbury diff

Troll Hunter

Hi, All,

I've just got back on, after having been sent into outer space (I'm not sure that it was that close), almost irretrievably, by the vagaries of the new forum.

H E L P, please, now from near space, or, to be more presact, from the seas of EP90 and MIL-L-2105 and API GL4. I've got a dripping rear diff, so I reckon that I need at least a new oil seal (there are no cheese holes in the Fe bits!).

I have two questions that I need urgent responses on:

1. What size is the nut on the front end of the diff, behind the flange? I've been making cutouts from cardboard all evening, trying to confirm the size AF, and I can't decide if it's 30 mm, 31 mm, or 32 mm. Does anybody know, please, since I don't want to buy the wrong socket tomorrow, and have to wait until Monday to get the right one?

Question 2: I've already noted the post regarding not needing a collapsible spacer, but can I proceed to replace the oil seal myself. with normal workshop tools, or are there any "specials" that mean that I have to put it into a "professional" workshop?

Many thanks for any advice,

Mike