Einbach brake parts?

reb78

The D3 needs a brake overhaul. Branded new rear calipers seem hard to come by - I can only find nearside TRW calipers.

AF sell a brand called Einbach - any views on the brand? I have never heard of them? LRDirect, Britcar etc stock all the normal unbranded BP/Bearmach sourced stuff but nowhere has stock of both calipers from TRW/Delphi/AP etc etc which is what i would normally buy.

22 minutes ago, Eightpot said:

I buy lots of parts for work and don't rate Bearmach own brand stuff anymore, they've gone cheap chinesy - the quality of some stuff is awful.  

What do you go for instead if you cant find a good branded version of something for a LR? 

23 minutes ago, cackshifter said:

I recently bought some calipers and discs from Brakes International for my MR2, they seem fine so far. Well, it passed the MOT, haven't done very many miles. 

Interesting. Looks like they supply TRW and APEC (both good) but who the heck are Budweg?! They say the latter are remanufacturers. 

looks like they are worth emailing though if they can get TRW or Apec. If i wanted remanufactured I would do that myself. 

Edited by reb78

2 hours ago, reb78 said:

What do you go for instead if you cant find a good branded version of something for a LR? 

Depends on the part, but brake pads I'd rather hunt around or pay more if necessary, cheap pads can either squeal or make tons of dust. 

12 minutes ago, Eightpot said:

Depends on the part, but brake pads I'd rather hunt around or pay more if necessary, cheap pads can either squeal or make tons of dust. 

I can get pads ok. Its the branded D3 calipers that seem hard to find at the moment and genuine is over £200!

17 hours ago, reb78 said:

I can get pads ok. Its the branded D3 calipers that seem hard to find at the moment and genuine is over £200!

£200 for a genuine caliper isn't that bad in the big scheme of things - we're spoiled by the likes of Britpart knocking out junk for £20 making normal prices feel very expensive.

When I have to stamp on the brakes I don't really want to be remembering how much money I saved on parts :ph34r:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

£200 for a genuine caliper isn't that bad in the big scheme of things - we're spoiled by the likes of Britpart knocking out junk for £20 making normal prices feel very expensive.

When I have to stamp on the brakes I don't really want to be remembering how much money I saved on parts :ph34r:

I dont disagree but when the LR ones are just AP or TRW with a ****ing great markup I find it hard to swallow!

I must admit I went with the Budweg; other MR2 owners had had them and said they were Ok, and they do seem fine. The one thing I did do was to paint before fitting, they were just a zinc plate finish, and I hate them going to a crusty rusty mess. But I bought AP ones a while back for my 90 and  I had to do that with them.

29 minutes ago, cackshifter said:

I must admit I went with the Budweg; other MR2 owners had had them and said they were Ok, and they do seem fine. The one thing I did do was to paint before fitting, they were just a zinc plate finish, and I hate them going to a crusty rusty mess. But I bought AP ones a while back for my 90 and  I had to do that with them.

Yeah - looking them up they appear to be reconditioned in Denmark - as that's not China, I would be fairly happy I guess! They didnt offer them when I contacted them yesterday - just this make Bremtech that I hadnt heard of either!

I've noticed in the last few years a lot of new, often German sounding brands being offered. I would steer clear.

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer takes the family to a discount store, and there are Hifi's by 'Sorny' and 'Panaphonic'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, reb78 said:

I dont disagree but when the LR ones are just AP or TRW with a ****ing great markup I find it hard to swallow!

Thing is they aren't necessarily that - I've said this before but i you take apart a genuine Land Rover Bosch starter motor and an "identical" genuine Bosch starter motor, the Land Rover one has more seals in it.

People here in the know have said the same thing about other parts - OEM manufacturers may well sell parts that look identical or share major components but they're not built to the same standard, they're not made to last for the same mileage or pass the same stringent quality/safety tests. Skip a few coats of paint, skip a few heat-treatments on the metal, put cheaper seals or bushes in, make it with lower precision, etc. etc.