Fitting a Rear Bulkhead Removal Bar

Cornish Rattler

3 minutes ago, Arjan said:

Not sure I quite understand the question as RBRB's have been around a long time..

Yeah the one's i've seen are for Defender's and not sure if they would fit, i have fitted one before to our then green 90 but the rear bulkhead although looks similar is different and just wondered if anyone on here has fitted one to a series.

Ah, in a Series..

No - the standard RBRB's for a Defender are not working in a Series due to a different shape of that bulkhead. I talked to several suppliers in the past and they all said it would not fit. I have a PP one here and tried it and that def. did not fit.

I would love to take out the RB but apart from metal, there is also the fuel-pipe on a SWB...

Perhaps you find a solution ?!

On 11/18/2021 at 4:29 PM, Arjan said:

Ah, in a Series..

No - the standard RBRB's for a Defender are not working in a Series due to a different shape of that bulkhead. I talked to several suppliers in the past and they all said it would not fit. I have a PP one here and tried it and that def. did not fit.

I would love to take out the RB but apart from metal, there is also the fuel-pipe on a SWB...

Perhaps you find a solution ?!

I have a P&P removal bar in my 109.  Apart from needing Defender seat belt lower brackets between the tub outriggers and underside of the tub “shelf” between seat base and removed bulkhead, it went in exactly as per a Defender.

88s have a different shaped bulkhead, but the Defender bulkheads are copied exactly from the 109.

56 minutes ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Didn't get the seats as the person selling them wouldn't msg back after accepting price ( £50 ) ☹️

Either got a better offer or expects you to wait until they can be bothered, not unusual flebay practice.

The bulkhead on an 88" is different as mentioned, and to my knowledge, a bulkhead removal bar is not available. I am not keen on them anyway, as the bulkhead is there to stop heavy goods going forward when you brake. But if you have rear seats it could be useful. Anyway, I moved my bulkhead backwards 3", like this:

gallery_336_1371_152392.jpg

gallery_336_1371_84182.jpg

gallery_336_1371_92685.jpg

Seats are volvo.

Daan