Arwen

Anderzander

5 hours ago, Happyoldgit said:

Get hold of some of that stuff caravan types use to remove the green crud that builds up on their pride and joy if it doesn't get washed for a while.

Have you been looking at our 'van? 😳

Don't think it'll be getting anything fancy applied to it. If it doesn't come off with the pressure washer it can stay there. I'm not proud... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

25L drum of concentrated Traffic Film Remover (TFR) from GSF cost me only a little bit more than Halfords want for a 5L bottle of wash'n'wax.

But don't put TFR on your shiny shiny (look at how fabulously wealthy I am) bling bling anodised hinges and windscreen blocks as the deteriorated finish will make you shed a tear.

Mo

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:52 AM, Mo Murphy said:

But don't put TFR on your shiny shiny (look at how fabulously wealthy I am) bling bling anodised hinges and windscreen blocks as the deteriorated finish will make you shed a tear.

Mo

I put rust on my hinges, and white fluffy stuff on the windscreen blocks...

5 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

That's because you are the bling antichrist Jeff 😁

Mo

Oh no I'm not.... Just bought some serious bling:

20220311_152353.thumb.jpg.6864539b69165293de76e4606383f5b4.jpg

Not out of choice admittedly, but when you spend half a day removing the rusted effing solid firmly attached diff guard from the back axle only to have the jack slip and add a extra drain hole to the diff pan.... then one finds that pain killers and ebay DO NOT PLAY WELL TOGETHER...

Choice was

A: A cheap and nasty tin plate diff cover in a blue box,

B: Sell quite a few of my internal organs to buy genuine

or😄 Incur the wrath of the wife

Its a truly lovely bit of kit though, weighs 9kg and is about 1/2 inch thick lump of iron....

• Like 1