Idiot fuel pump question - 2.5NA

It's much easier and thorough to do this job if you can slacken off each injector union one at a time as someone else cranks the engine over. Even better if you do it whilst the glow plugs are out so there is less strain on the starter motor. 

My procedure is based on the fact it was running prior to changing the lift pump and therefore there should not be undue strain on the starter . 

If there is no diesel after 20 sec of cranking then there is likely still too much air in the FIP 

Steve

Aaand the winner is.... (drum roll)

The cutoff solenoid. Checked the wire again and the end fell off. I mean the end of the solenoid. I think it was held on by willpower and old oil. 

I've ordered one from LR Direct but can anyone suggest where I might be able to get hold of one now (well, in the morning - midnight is pushing my luck)

Croydon/Bromley sort of area. I thought it might be the sort of thing Euro Car Parts do but it looks like I was mistaken.

It's alive! ALIVE!

Thanks everyone for your help. I've done a few things that made me feel like an utter plum in this adventure, done a few things exactly right and learned a great deal about basic diesel injection systems.

I also have a running on four, not leaking fuel Land Rover.

Now to get cracking on the rest of the jobs...

• Like 2