Sharing my pain -- accident last night in my 110

2 hours ago, western said:

Can I ask as your in USA, why have you still have the UK reg plate on the vehicle ?

I know some states require front & rear plates & others just a rear plate, 

It came that way to me, and I just never took it off. (Its ex-MOD, right-hand drive) Here in Arizona, the requirement is just a rear plate.

Not sure what the previous owner used to attach the front plate to the bumper -- it would be a bit of a mess to clean up if I took it off.

-Evan-

On 12/10/2021 at 12:16 PM, Anderzander said:

Have you managed to open it ?  Is there damage on the underside ? 

Just got it open. As the collision was at a low speed, damage was minimal to the vehicle.

The radiator was just pushed from its mount, so I can probably just install a new one.

As for the hood -- the skin has been separated from the frame a bit on one side at the front of the hood.  Guidance here is appreciated.  Can I just hammer it back into shape?  The complication here is that the bent portion is above some more framing, so I can't put (I don't know the correct term for the body tool) something behind it to bang against.

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

A couple of more distant photo's of bonnet damage would put it in better context .

The lump of metal is known as a dolly and can be just that , a lump of metal . Bodyshop dollies have convex and concave curved surfaces and a range of edge profiles  , you can also use sand bags with a layer of leather . I'm sure there is stuff on youtube about dealing with dented aluminium panels on vehicles . Research will help to reduce any risk of further stretching or work hardening 

Steve