No fuel pump pressure

Jim Mason

HELP...

In the process of getting my 300tdi - manual - EGR Blanked Off up and running again after piston 4 came out for air.

But i have hit a brick wall that i cannot get round or over, fuel pump was off my original engine and running well until it all went wrong in October.

I have stripped donor engine, cleaned & replaced everything, re-fitted my fuel pump.

I've bled the fuel system in the following way so far:-

- Cracked off fuel filter bleed screw and got fuel coming through there. Filter is full.

- Cracked off injection pump return line and got plenty of fuel coming through there.

Now, there isn't any fuel coming through the injector lines at all when turning the engine over.

Stop solenoid clicks when 12v is applied and turned off, got direct 12v to stop solenoid

Removed non-return output nozzles to ensure they are not stuck or jammed in any way, all clear.

just not getting any pressure out, with all four removed fuel dribbles out, going to remove fuel solenoid and remove centre to ensure its not faulty.

Any other suggestions?

Quick update:-

Removed fuel stop solenoid, removed plunger and refitted. Re-tried still no fuel being delivered out of the back of the pump.

Edited by Jim Mason
Update

45 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

Is your lift pump working?

Yes, got plenty of fuel, even replaced with new...

Didnt think you could mix up the banjo bolts...

Fuel into pump is next to pressure relief valve.

Rear next to injector valves is return to tank? 

I think  the threads are the same, but the actual bolts are different, one has a much smaller hole and a filter, you are right that it might be difficult to get the pipes round the wrong way though, 

Turns out the pump has been messed with and someone has wound in the pins holding the fulcrum in place, fulcrum is badly bent and distorted.

Unsure how, as i have never messed with it, just removed and placed into new engine...

£200 to sort...

Sent to R N Diesel - Wolverhampton

Screenshot_20220127-191809_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ffcea6fd8bd3747efcd5d42991cb549.jpg

• 2 weeks later...