Woodcote green

Morning, is woodcote green an non-standard colour for a defender around 1999-2001 please? The lady selling said she liked the colour and had it in that colour from new, but it is not stamped on the VIN. Also any pics of it in the flesh would be great please!

14 minutes ago, Swimboy said:

Good good! Have they been reliable, being the 10p engine?

The first one was 10p the second 15p - both excellent.

If you’ve found an original owner Td5, in nice condition, I wouldn’t hesitate.

Everything is fixable on them, and if they’ve been looked after, they are a great model. Last of the iconic bonnet design, dash with good leg room, and an engine that still works well in modern traffic. 

9 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

The first one was 10p the second 15p - both excellent.

If you’ve found an original owner Td5, in nice condition, I wouldn’t hesitate.

Everything is fixable on them, and if they’ve been looked after, they are a great model. Last of the iconic bonnet design, dash with good leg room, and an engine that still works well in modern traffic. 

That’s good then, it’s had 2 previous owners done 67,000 miles and has got a bit of bubbling in places but overall really good condition. It’s only got service history for the past 10 years but I think the genuine mileage sort of balances that? It seems a running thing with defenders not having docs for servicing! Very good points, thank you.

15 hours ago, mickeyw said:

I've not seen that colour on a Defender before, but I rather like it.

Same, I would never have known this was a genuine colour.

The 'bubbling in places' could be important, the bubbling you see is usually just the tip of the iceberg but it's the location that matters most.

That's very low mileage for the age, I wouldn't say low mileage is a substitute for proper maintenance but you would probably be able to tell if it's been neglected on inspection.

• Like 1