Ladoga Trophy 2022 Discovery 2

PandaSpeedShop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys, been a long time with no update. Once the war broke out I was kind of deflated and wanted to just abandon the project as there was no end goal. Since the war is still going on Ladoga is off the cards for a very long time. However I have managed to finish the truck to some extent and am now looking for other events that it may be able to be used in here in the UK and around Europe. Being a full body truck built around 33” tyres the events are limited. So far only Rally Breslau is coming up. Perhaps anyone else would be interested in going this year, would be good to get more than one team out there. Or would it be complete madness to compete in something like that with a full body disco 2……?  

Anyway here are some pictures of some of the build process. 

E03AB32D-860C-4112-8CFC-09417CD00C96.jpeg

2E350591-2689-4D9F-B7DA-7321531493FF.jpeg

06F6C4A0-B670-4B27-918E-1970465DF479.jpeg

EBC41123-4FB1-4AE4-8FA4-9417E4FCD2AE.jpeg

C84E878A-4015-4E6C-A5BC-E965693F24CD.jpeg

2DE7FD1F-0BB8-4616-93E7-099B40B8D804.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Escape said:

Have a look at Pomerania Trophy in Poland, different categories and if you chose right should be OK for a full sized D2. I'd like to take my p38 there sometime, but need to get it finished first...

I did really like it there.   

• Like 2

I've been studying the Berlin Breslau for a while, as we are building a vehicle for it - albeit slowly. I can't see why a full bodied D2 cant be competive. It's mainly about reliability, durability, stratedgy and teamwork (actually that's pretty much every long Ultra4/Raid/King/long distance endurance event is about). The biggest concern is the water crossings, and that's where stratedgy comes into play

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

It's mainly about reliability, durability, stratedgy and teamwork (actually that's pretty much every long Ultra4/Raid/King/long distance endurance event is about).

Amen to that - if Ladoga taught me anything it's that the team is the most important machine and "to finish first, first you must finish" is absolutely true.

Plenty of very capable trucks dropped out early through breakdowns or damage that were either beyond the team's ability to repair or a result of poor prep / poor reliability.

• Like 4

Yes it is, they do make some great videos, and whenever i have seen them at any events competing or filming they are a great laugh and don't take themselves too seriously and are there to enjoy themselves which I think some people loose sight of when they are 'in competition mode' 

• Like 3