Leaking transfer case

pgrbff

I have just changed the oil in both the R380 gearbox and transfer case in my 96 300Tdi hicap, SALLDHHF7TA975470. 

It appears to be leaking at the oil seal? with front propshaft. 

Do I need a serial number to make sure I get the correct seal and is there anything else I should do/change whilst the case is off the vehicle?

I have just done a google search, which was more successful than the forum serach, and I see it seems I can just change the oil seal in situ? Is that correct?

Edited by pgrbff
found more info

• 3 weeks later...

Weather has been too difficult here, and I have to work off a mud and stone surface, so I'm only just getting around to this.

The parts will be ordered from the UK so I want to be sure I get everything I might need. I know It's a pain but can someone with experience tell me which parts I should order to be sure I have everything I need on hand?

Is it possible to get the bearing ot if I need to without lowering the transfer box?

Normally I would strip it to get a better idea before ordering but since Brexit orders can take a long time to arrive and we're expecting more snow.

LR front flange.PNG

Edited by pgrbff