Forum group buy

will_warne

Mods, please feel free to move this if you think it should be in the classifieds but I thought this would be the best way for people to see this.

I've been in touch with a company in New Zealand who sell 7.8hp winch motors in either 12V or 24V form. These are competition prooven in New Zealand and are not produced in high volumes BUT seem very well put togther and have prooved reliable even when over volted in the competitions in New Zealand. I've not got my hands on one yet but I've managed to sort out a good price if 10 or more are ordered.

Here's some info I got from the distributor:

"With regards to the motors themselves the 12 volt version offers a good

increase in torque and power over standard motors but not a huge

increase in no load line speed, obviously underload they are faster.

The

24 volt variants are offering both a good increased line speed coupled

with a good torques and loaded linespeed increase. Probably one of the

best features about these motors is they are designed to take abuse and

be resistant to armature meltdowns. In our Kiwi winch challenges (think

earthmoving :-) it was not uncommon for a field of say 20 competitors

to

go through a total of 30 replacement motor's over a 3 day event.

Virtually every competitor in NZ with a battery powered winch is

running

our motors now and we have not had one armature failure in the last two

years spanning probably about 10 events.

Just recently a few of the competitors have started running the 12 volt

motor on 24 volts, now this has been done before plenty of times but

other brand motors do not normally prove stable running in this format.

However it seems our Superduty motors ( all be it air cooled) will

handle this format and offer approximately double the performance of

the

24 volt variant. Until this development we had not been able to find a

24 volt motor worldwide that could match ours."

Price will be approximatly £120 - 130 (depending on exchange rate) per motor plus shipping and tax. I've already got 5 motors spoken for (3 for me, 2 for other forumers) so PM me or post up if you're interested.

Im guessing this is what your talking about http://www.traxion.co.nz/product/spec/specSuperDuty.pdf

Ive been looking into them too and i like the sound of them put me down for 2 12v please. let me know exact cost, shipping time etc.

Cheers.

Yes, Chris, those are them! I'll pop you down for 2. I'm just waiting to hear back from them about a shipping cost as I've now got considerably more than the minimum 10 order I needed to get the price! Once I've got a total price I'll get in touch with everyone who's interested and give you an exact figure.

Time wise it'll be about 2 - 4 weeks shipping. I'm not sure what size stock they keep but that may take some time to get togehter as the manufacturers aren't a big outfit.

Mods, please feel free to move this if you think it should be in the classifieds but I thought this would be the best way for people to see this.

I've been in touch with a company in New Zealand who sell 7.8hp winch motors in either 12V or 24V form. These are competition prooven in New Zealand and are not produced in high volumes BUT seem very well put togther and have prooved reliable even when over volted in the competitions in New Zealand. I've not got my hands on one yet but I've managed to sort out a good price if 10 or more are ordered.

Will,

Put me down for 2 at 24v please.

PM sent

Bob

If I were to put one of these on to my std 8274 would it just blow it apart?! Or would this only happen if you were to flick forward/reverse quickly, which i try and avoid!!

If the winch will survive I may be interested, but I've heard of the 6hp xp motor damaging the winches, so a 7.8hp may just destroy it!

• 2 weeks later...