Accumulator

edsmash

I was out working on mine earlier and was reminded; Tightening up the new accumulator needs a 22m spanner - but one that’s thin, and bent… I ground down and bent an old one, and it did the job. It’s not that it needs massive torque, just that it’s awkward to apply any force to it.

If you have a nylon strap oil filter wrench, that would be just the thing. I didn’t.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:32 PM, Northwards said:

If you have a nylon strap oil filter wrench, that would be just the thing. I didn’t.

Wrap an old seatbelt around it and around a 1/2in or 3/8in extension and you get the same thing. Ratchet strap works too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

Wrap an old seatbelt around it and around a 1/2in or 3/8in extension and you get the same thing. Ratchet strap works too.

Doh! Usually I’m not too bad at lateral thinking and using other stuff that’s to hand if it works. I was obviously stuck in a brain-rut!

• 3 weeks later...

Job done, another 1 ticked off the 100.

Oil filter spanner (you know the 3 prong steel type) off with it's head and on with the new. I let the pump prime. I replaced the front brake lines and pulled about 3 litres of fluid through the callipers so I think it's a wrap. Quite happy with it, nice pedal. Oh and new O/S/R wheel hub done. not messing about pressing bearings. Many thanks Forum.👍👍

Vodka to celebrate.

• Like 1