Discovery 2 ARB Winch Bumber

Tomcat Nev

I had one on mine for about eight months.

It was too heavy really and stuck out far to much at the front.

I lost most of my OME 50mm lift due to the weight ( i'll find part no's to the springs i had on it, if that helps!).

Overall it reduced the car's off-road ability in my opinion. I went back to standard bumper and winch cradle. Got a lot further after that.

Kev.

Hmm, I was worried that might be the case i.e. too heavy! I suspect it might ride a little low with standard springs then.

It was the only bumper i could find on the net that seemed to integrate with the D2 front - including the fog lights etc.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Nev

Hmm, I was worried that might be the case i.e. too heavy! I suspect it might ride a little low with standard springs then.

It was the only bumper i could find on the net that seemed to integrate with the D2 front - including the fog lights etc.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Nev

There is a chap my brother uses in Aus very much like Pete...

He make bumpers for 38a's and RRC's to order and is the same price as a ARB but much better built as long as you don't mind 6-8 week delivery... but they do all you have said above

I will ask reads90 to dig out his web address

If you do buy one can I have first dips on you old bumper...

I have a better idea.

You buy one for yours, realise you dont like and sell it to me half price and my current front! :D

I was just toying with the idea as i wanted to get my winch back on something as does not seem to fit the Tiger or the Lotus.

Nev

I had a quick look at a 2004 disco in OZ a couple of days ago with one on there, as I would`nt mind one for the front of our disco, and it was to big, it really does stuff up you clearance angles, if you want it for protection, it would be a good buy, but not so good for offroad use, as you would have clearance problems.

I would have thought that being made primarily for the Oz market, they'd need to be strong enough to withstand the impact from a kangeroo/wallabe while trundeling through the outback. :huh:

I'd have thought given the nature of the outback and the offroading available in oz, approach angles weren't top of the design spec list!

:D

So to precis this debate.

The ARB Bumper is too heavy and rather large with a decrease of aproach angle.

However, local manufacturers - in Australia - can make equivilents which are cheaper and i suppose can be made to perform better in UK conditions.

I could stick with the standard bumper and rereplace it every time it knocked about.

There seems to be no UK alternative.

Ho hum.

There is a chap my brother uses in Aus very much like Pete...

He make bumpers for 38a's and RRC's to order and is the same price as a ARB but much better built as long as you don't mind 6-8 week delivery... but they do all you have said above

I will ask reads90 to dig out his web address

the address is

Brothers off road

D2%20FRONT%20BAR%20FOR%20WEBSITE_0.jpg

P1010013w.jpg

I think they are lovley . This chap came up to Land Cruser park and had this bumper on for about 2 years. He is really pleased with it and the truck seemed to preform very well with it. I really like the look of them. Much better in the same colour code too.

disco3.jpg

disco32.jpg

PIC_0015.JPG

Blimey - it does stick out a long way. Pity the car in front if you forget!!!

The alternative from Brothers seem to be much closer in but still from Australia - i can't really pop down to the counter and buy it!!!!!!!!!

I saw a Disco 2 in Fareham yesterday with a standard bumber and a winch cradle/winch on the front. That sticks out even further from what i could see.

And there was i thinking it would be easy to get a neat, strong, compact winch bumper for a D2.

Nev

Blimey - it does stick out a long way. Pity the car in front if you forget!!!

The alternative from Brothers seem to be much closer in but still from Australia - i can't really pop down to the counter and buy it!!!!!!!!!

I saw a Disco 2 in Fareham yesterday with a standard bumber and a winch cradle/winch on the front. That sticks out even further from what i could see.

And there was i thinking it would be easy to get a neat, strong, compact winch bumper for a D2.

Nev

Ask Nick (Rogue Vogue) if he can make a bumper to your spec? He has made some very nice bumpers for other forum members and his quality is top rate.