Recognised market leader in lr recon engines?

selectcase

This irriates me..... :angry:

He has not given BAD service or sold you bad parts.....

However cos YOUR bored, you slag them off...?

WHY, cos he's having lunch and someone disturbs him? to ask if he can do a job he doesn't want?

Perhaps he could have been more polite, but next time you tear someone off a strip, just wonder whether or not ten minutes later they are going to go on a forum and slag YOU off.

Idiot......Totally pointless thread....Full stop.

Jim :)

Ps: Some funny posts on here though :lol:

Here Here

These types of threads are pointless and should be kept private - to me also

Cheers

Steve

Damm youre right - I should expect this after all they are virtual gods, I am sorry I must remember to be humiliated more often and expect this kind of treatment from very busy professionals who dont need business from mere luddites or should i say Idiots like me who post totally pointless threads.

Note to self - must be more forgiving of supreme gods :lol::lol:

Didnt think this was the type of forum where members called other members idiots - I must have got it wrong?

...[something about dummies and prams]...

Idiot......Totally pointless thread....Full stop.

Jim :)

Ps: Some funny posts on here though :lol:

Idiot......Totally pointless breathing....Full stop.

Al :)

Ps: Some retarded posts on here though :lol:

I run my own business. If the phone rings and I am having my lunch, doing something more important, reading the forum or I plain cannot be arsed, I ignore the phone and the answer-phone gets it. When (most of the time) I answer the phone, even to an idiot, I am polite and helpful - if I can be. :) Simple as.

Chris

yeah what chris said.

if you answer the phone and put the customer off by not listening to them and by being dismissive then you deserve to lose customers- you should also expect that people will tell other people about it!

the old maxim still holds true, that if a customer goes away happy they will tell one other person, but if they go away dissatisfied they will tell 9. The only problem is that nowadays they will post it on 9 different forums!

if i can't be "bothered" to be be disturbed during my lunch hour then i probably can't be "bothered" to be in business very long as customers won't "bother" to come to my door anymore!

Because it could come down to something as simple as "prove it or I'll take you to court" - saying a company/person is rubbish doesn't necessarily mean that they are, rather that the poster is not happy with them.

We have a disclaimer, but if anyone makes an accusation or throws an insult - then this website is stuck in the middle. If you want to post copies of court ducuments, then fine, but there could be more than just a 'bad service' in this type of post, so we have to bear this in mind. I'm afraid I've been down this same road before.

Pm's are fine, just ask and the information will be supplied.

I mean, you could say:-

White 90 knows nothing about denting his truck,

Tonk can speak English,

BishBosh knows what it's like to drive through a puddle without being towed out of it by an oil-burner after 30-inches, :rolleyes:

WillWarne - erm :blink:

Nige doesn't have to worry about tyre pressures due to the weight of his truck,

Paul Wightman doeasn't have to re-charge the batteries on his truck as well as his pacemaker every time there's a chance of busting somehting :D

Landymanluke doesn't trawl the whole of the internet looking to reply to anything at all :lol:

CatflapII will move from my drive this year

I have a whole rack of coats - which one should I wear today? :P

Les. :)

Pah :angry:

I'll sue you for that Henson

I take great umbridge at the above slanderous comment young man.

I'll have you know I need 67psi to keep the rims off the tarmac and ...................... :unsure:

Er................ :blush:

Nige

If my own experience this week is anything to go by, the engine builder may have recently given up smoking.

I bit a customers head off today for annoying me, however, I did feel better if a little poorer. :unsure:

Like Chris I do let the answer machine work if I think it's likely to give better customer relations at that point. I have no problem dealing with the public, it's just the people.

:D Today I have recieved a written apology from the firm in question and a good explanation for the manner on the telephone :D

So the rant is over now and I can retract my statement about thier customer service/telephone manner being poor

thanks

will ;)

Well, now I am quite impressed. :) At least someone is listening and reacting.

Chris

very impressed with that news. seems they must have taken some notice on the fone to have your details to write to after all?

great to hear of a company that admits mistakes, doing that makes them sound better than a place people just rave about. i now believe if i use them & have a problem it will be sorted out to the satisfaction of everyone.

The company did not have my name & address - it was via another forum related to a lr club that I belong to. One of the moderators contacted the company and they sent the apology in writing. I am now very pleased and my opinion of them has been restored.

So, what was the reason?

Si

A company called turner engineering has an article on rebuilding the 200tdi, in that article they state the oil pump is very long lasting and unless excessive use the original, I think i would use genuine rotors if i were you.

the article is here 200 tdi rebuild

however the last time I called them to order some parts they wernt very interested so i would go via land Rover ;)

I suspect this might narrow down which company it was ;)

Borrowed from a thread about oil pumps.Oil pump thread

Pete.

edited for spelling.