LRE Kelmarsh Show

headhunter

I hope this is not true, as it will spell the end of LRE almost certainly...

I know that some on here have errr..... some issues with the mangement of said mag......

But..

What they were/are trying to do this year made sense.

Billing is getting smaller each year with less and less camping spots available and only promises of much needed improvement.

Kelmarsh offered a fresh start with a experienced crew that knew what was needed to make it work.

I hope that the short sightedness of a few, have not ruined the Landrover shows of the future :angry:

Billing change.......? My backside it will :lol:

Very sad

Jim :unsure:

Mmmmmmm, stinky toilets, cold showers, tricked-up vehicles driving round the arena again

and again

and again

and again

Top-notch security firm

ORRP getting booted out for doing absolutely nothing at all.

David Bowyers unique sense of humour.

Am I being a bit too cynical?

We should have a forum 'compound' and those members of this website that attend, could get a wee bit of discount - courtesy of the mountain of cash sitting in the gin fund. :D

Les. :)

Mmmmmmm, stinky toilets, cold showers, tricked-up vehicles driving round the arena again

and again

and again

and again

Top-notch security firm

David Bowyers unique sense of humour.

Am I being a bit too cynical?

We should have a forum 'compound' and those members of this website that attend, could get a wee bit of discount - courtesy of the mountain of cash sitting in the gin fund. :D

Les. :)

Are you sure you didn't do the advertising for Billing this year Les...?

Just why did Kelmarsh cancell...... :rolleyes::lol:

Jim :)

Top-notch security firm

I was there and witnessed the "nothing" that went on. The reaction to the "nothing" was rather heavy handed (again) but "nothing" is a poor adjective for the "nothing" that I witnessed.

Chris

Is there anything OFFICIAL to confirm this rumor??

For now it is a rumour and would be spoiled if there were confirmation. :)

I shant be going to billing but was looking forward to kelmarsh.

Kelmarsh has NO toilets, showers etc. If LRE were to splash out in their usual style then I can see them being worse than Billing. LRE were responsible for providing extra facilities over and above those supplied by Billing themselves as I understand it.

IMHO, it was always a risk for LRE to remove the show from Billing. I never went to Billing for the LRE/LRO show and I will not go for the LRM or LRW or whatever show. I went, and will go, for the The Billing show. IMHO it is the venue that makes the show what it is for me - I ignore the arena displays and stuff, although I know that lots of people enjoy it; especailly terrier racing. :P

Chris

I was there and witnessed the "nothing" that went on. The reaction to the "nothing" was rather heavy handed (again) but "nothing" is a poor adjective for the "nothing" that I witnessed.

Chris

My daughter and I slept through the nothing .......so you could say that nothing didn't or couldn'twake us :ph34r:

If LRE does go to the wall as a result of the loss of a summer show, what does that say about LRE? Surely the magazine must be able to support it's self with the advertising revenue it generates? Plenty of mags manage without a summer show; Penthouse and Razzle to name but two.

Perhaps LRE will simply move it's show. IIRC there is a space in the calendar vacated by LRO not having a show this year? It would seem to make sense, that way everyone gets a show, LRE, the retailers, the public, Kelmarsh, ORRP, the thieving pikeys...

Chris

I'm glad it didn't work for them, serves that idiot right.... and i hope it costs him a hell of a lot of money.

so..... what does that leave us with?

No LRO shows, no Kelmarsh, just LRM at Billing and LRW in Ledbury..... :rolleyes:

I knew the show scene couldn't support all these shows but it does seam to have imploded....

if only LRE had used a bit of savvy... and pinched LRO's august bank holiday slot, I reckon it could have worked.

Roll on the liquidators, with any luck Richard Green will be living in one of Billings stinky showers by the summer...