Riv-Nuts

simonr

They are a special fitment from Landrover - they're not rivnuts IIRC, but a captive alloy nut that is conical and breaks as its fitted.

Cheers

Pete

But a Rivnut does the same job.... at least it does on my 110" (and my 90")

Ian

Well I need to move the fuel filter to the drivers side on catflap so I don't have to chop fule lines about, so that's two! :o

Not worth spending £90 on a tool then :lol:

The standard tool (approx £30) RS now sell has mandrels for M4 to M8 included as standard. (NB Clinchnuts are just what RS call rivnuts -- they're the same thing.)

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/subRange...heID=uknetscape

Cheers,

They are a special fitment from Landrover - they're not rivnuts IIRC, but a captive alloy nut that is conical and breaks as its fitted.

Typical land rover, :lol: saves you the hassle of it breaking after it is fitted!!

yeah, you can get aluminioum ones, galv steen and even stainless steel ... so it seems the bolt/drilled nut will work then, soon will fgind out for myself I gues....

But I need one that'll do M8, and Mr Rivnut tool maker knows this, so a two-handled one that does M8 is flippin £80 :o:o:o:o

Inserts are steel for this one. I didn't know you could get alloy ones.

Les. :)

(rivnut tool hire Co)

Les - If that Rivnut tool is the one by Stanley that someone sells for £80 +vat I can get the same for about £60, includes VAT and M4,5,6 & 8 rivnuts

I bought my 'tool' from a company called 'connect2' which is in sussex near Pullborough. Can't remember how much it was but that it was very good value. It has adaptors for both nuts & studs from M4 to M10 and is just brilliant!

My solution using a nut & bolt works very well too - so long as you view the bolt as disposable as it gets chewed after half a dozen insertions.

Here are the instructions for using it: DIY RivNut Tool

Connect2 are pretty cheap for the riv-nuts too.

Si