300tdi slow to start after sitting, lift pump?

I'm assuming fuel draining back into the tank somehow. If it's sat for a while (few hours or so) and I turn the key it fires up then immediately dies as if it's burned whatever was left and then run out, after about 10 seconds of cranking it starts up and will start up again straight after. Not experienced any loss of power while driving. Could a faulty lift pump cause this?

I had the tank out and fitted a new fuel filter a few months ago but has been running ok since then. The other day I took the key out of it quite quickly and it kept running for a few seconds but hasn't done that since.

Start by replacing the braided leak off pipes between the injectors - they perish and leak air in, allowing fuel to drain back to the tank when sat.  That makes starting far more difficult.  LR only sell a complete harness with the hoses, all unions and the plastic pipe to the injection pump, and that cost £85 over a decade ago.  Halfords and other motor factors sell 1m rolls of the hose (3.5mm, IIRC) for a few pounds…

One of mine frayed and the end split two days ago. It’s at #1 where it goes back to the pump. We were doing a few miles and started to smell diesel. By the time I looked there was a nice coating of the smelly stuff and it was dripping off the steering arms. For the time being I trimmed the end and it’s ok. The heat shrink is a good tip 👍🏻