When have all the Hippo people gone?

garrycol

well Blippie, that looks like fun....

do you use yours as an everyday runaround too or is it a weekend toy.

it'd be interesting to know if you can punish a car like that and still have it be reliable on a day to day basis, use it the way it was designed for not just for towing a horse trailer

We have two Freelanders. The first is a standard TD4 that is Helen's work vehicle and, yes, tow car for the horse trailer. It has occasional green lane trips but it must remain presentable and as unscratched as possible.

The Camel came to us from two careful owners ... hello Julian, nice to see you the other weekend ... and is used by me as my daily commute. For weekends it will either be highly polished for Land Rover shows or ... Well, the picture shows Helen at the wheel on Salisbury Plain.

Both have been as reliable as a reliable thing, and the only components we have managed to break so far have been wing mirrors and tyres - I have an affinity with walls and Helen seems to aim for the biggest holes with hidden sharp bits.

I don't go in for abusing vehicles. I have a respect for them, and not enough money to sort them out if I break them. But I have every confidence that we can explore their capabilities right up to (and occasionally just beyond) their limits.

Cheers

C