Billing Land Rover / 4x4 show 2022

• 4 weeks later...

When you get to Billing, is this going in the public car park, the private outside camp ground, or on a Stand somewhere?

My main memory of Billing is its reputation as a thieves paradise, of relevance here was the tale of a roof tent equipped Disco being in the public car park, the owners returning to find the vehicle still there, but minus the roof tent (and base frame).

In the light of this you might decide not to answer my question until after you return home.

Regards.

34 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

When you get to Billing, is this going in the public car park, the private outside camp ground, or on a Stand somewhere?

My main memory of Billing is its reputation as a thieves paradise, of relevance here was the tale of a roof tent equipped Disco being in the public car park, the owners returning to find the vehicle still there, but minus the roof tent (and base frame).

In the light of this you might decide not to answer my question until after you return home.

Regards.

Camping area, incase you don't know the event is now held on the farm at the back of Billing Aquadrome as Billing Aquadrome don't do these avents anymore and this will be our third time camping here but first time with a roof tent and its the farm that run it and all the farming crew are on the camp site during the day 🙂

Edited by Cornish Rattler

57 minutes ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Camping area, in case you don't know the event is now held on the farm at the back of Billing Aquadrome as Billing Aquadrome don't do these events any more ...

I didn't know, I suppose the word 'Billing' has a negative association for me, so I haven't paid a lot of attention to events there. For many reasons I can't say that will change any time soon, but I hope you have a safe experience.

Regards.

8 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

I didn't know, I suppose the word 'Billing' has a negative association for me, so I haven't paid a lot of attention to events there. For many reasons I can't say that will change any time soon, but I hope you have a safe experience.

Regards.

Cheer's, yeah about 3-4 years Billing Aquadrome got taken over and they said they wasn't doing any shows as they wanted to fill the place with more caravans and log cabins, anyway the first year they did nothing but when the farm did the show the new owners realised what they was missing and for the following year think they tried to do there own show at the same time the farm did thiers and the farm show was the better show and has got better and better over the years and this year is supose to be even better 🙂

Back now, yeah the show was ok but thought it would have been better than last year but was just the same really but then its a 4x4 show and not a land rover show but was dominated by land rovers though, hence why we have decided to knock land rover shows on the head now and if we do decide to go to one it will be on a day visit instead ☹️