Seven Sisters Weekend 16th-18th March

FridgeFreezer

What time are the marshalls going to be arriving on Friday ?

Mike and Dan etc. are leaving at 7:30 tomorrow morning, Mike will be pushing on so I think he's aiming for 11am but we're towing the 'Shire Shed' so will be a little slower, maybe 11:30/12ish. Mike's the chap to talk to though as I think he's liaising with Jo re: the key to the site.

Hope that's of some help! :)

Another cracking event run by SLRC B) Had a great time, saw some very nice machines in action and a few old mates. I'm glad i wasn't camping, it was a tad on the chilly side :o Hopefully everyone got home ok and those who broke things, got fixed.

A few of my pictures

02.jpg

05-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

25.jpg

16-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Roll on September

Well if you have any more interesting pics i am sure they will be appreciated.

Might also be worth(if you want to) burning them to CD and sending them to a shires committee member for the shires website gallery. I am sure fridge can give you details, as i am just a'ordinary' member who did not make 7S this time as i am still tarting up the mad green hybrid. And it would have been its first real run, for 9 months since last mot expired, didn't fancy returning home by big yellow taxi.

It was a red taxi, actually, but arranged by a well known orange company...................No, silly, the RAC!!! :rolleyes: It was definitely a real truck - not a chocolate one!!! :lol:

I had an absolute blast. However, it turned out that my new toy was only 2-wheel drive at the start of the weekend. The first hill climb I came to was an absolute failure and pointed to the diff-lock not working - not true!! It appeared to have a broken half shaft in the front axle!!

After struggling through Saturday with only the rear wheels driving, still managing to do over 20 of the punches that were so kindly laid on for us (with regular help from Mark and Richard) we were taking a trundle back to the meeting point when I turned the windscreen wipers on...............bang, clang, thud followed!!! I came to a swift halt to find that the wiper stalk obviously operates the 'rear silencer ejector button'!!!!!!!

P1010014.JPG

D'oh!!! Still, if that was the only casualty from quite a taxing days off roading, then I'm well happy!

Now we turn to Sunday, and after a promising start of reaching all 5 punches on the first set we came to, I decided to clear out to make way for the others in the group - big mistake :angry: . After quite a struggle to get up the hill I was on, there was one rock on which the rear near side wheel decided to spin on, then slide off and grab some traction!!!!!! Ping, tinkle, clang......there goes the half shaft in the rear axle!!!! So there I was, stuck on a slope with absolutely no drive what-so-ever!

Thanks awfully to Richard in the DLander for dragging me out and getting me back to the meeting point, and thanks also to Mark for dragging me back to the campsite to arrange the ride home!

Also thanks to DarthDicky and John for dragging me/providing an anchor point for me to get myself out of punches! I'd love some of those pictures you took, if poss. Drop me a pm and I'll ping a CD in the post!! ;)

Cheers to Bish for not lending me a half shaft!!! <_<

And lastly, thanks to the RAC for arranging a speedy recovery - only drawback was that I couldn't understand a word the driver spoke, and he was an absolute nutcase!!! :huh:

P1010020.JPG

At least it was a cheap ride home!! B)

Managed to pick up a set of shafts today - Bish, I'll be badgering you in a minute!!!

Other than that, I had a great weekend and learnt alot about using the winch. Hopefully, I'll have a fully functioning truck for the September event!!

Laters all!!

I will be at the J33p event Jim. Why? You bringing the Skoda again? Or the Dihatsu? :D:P

Chris

Jim, yep down for the jeep event, Camping in July, even Wales sounds a bit better !! :)

Chris,, you will be amazed !! Jim truck WILL be finishes,, won't it Jim :ph34r:

That was a cracking weekend - well worth the trip over to wales.

Startted off a bit omminously when the crank damper disintegrated on the Disco between horsham and guildford. Got that fixed in a car park in guildford, and then convoyed over to the site, albeit a bit later, with Orange and Team Pinzgauer.

Spent the weekend bimbling about the site with Orange in his (now 2wd rangie) and DarthDicky and Jon in thier 90, doing punches where we found them. Some good teamwork got all three vehicles through the vast majority of the ones we found. From the maps there are vast tracts of the site we didn't get to, so I am very much looking forward to visiting again!

Thanks must go to the shires team for organising, and setting out punches and trials. And to Orange for being a ground anchor and dickie for being an impromtu guide...

:D

Mark

Big thank you to all those involved in the organisation and running of the event, had a great time and made it back in one piece :) . Even though i only knew people from the forum the club made us feel welcomed. Learnt not to follow marshals when you are trying to get back to the start in time for closing as they take the hard route which involves winching :rolleyes:

Thanks to Mark and Adrian for letting us team up with them, seemed to work well as a team and had a great time, made it more intersting approach with a 2wd range rover with us.

Dicky should have some photos up soon.

Thanks again

Jon

I always aim to make things a little more challenging than they should be!!

Meant to say thanks to the SLRC team in my earlier post, but got a little carried away detailing my vehicles ailments!! Nice work chaps, can't wait for my next visit!!