Seven Sisters Weekend 16th-18th March

FridgeFreezer

As Jonathan said, a brilliant weekend. Punches were set up at a good level of difficulty for us - entertaining, a bit challenging and not too time consuming - I don't want to spend hours just getting one punch on a huge site like 7 Sisters. It was good to go round with others who were up for the same sort of thing, just a shame Adrians shafts gave up on sunday as we'd done quite well considering upto then. Maxi trial was fun, got to gate 19 after one or two winch pulls and then decided I really didn't like slippery sideslopes and gave up. Best moment has to be trying to be smart and driving out of one gate, about a mile up the track to turn around without getting a penalty for stopping/shunting, then coming back down the track and driving straight past the gate I was meant to go through!

Interesting to see the GPS trace for the weekend, we were driving a fair amount of the time and still missed out quite a few areas of the site. Did 19 miles on saturday and 17 on sunday actually on the site, with the trips to the campsite and fuel station we got through 40quid of petrol over 75 miles, giving an average of 7.5mpg! How much did those with TDi's use?

Map.jpg

A few of my photos from the weekend are up here, a few favourites here...

IMG_9467_5_6HDR.jpg

IMG_9475.jpg

IMG_9478.jpg

IMG_9480.jpg

IMG_9481.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9493.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9499.jpg

IMG_9503.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg

Dan tries pulling the Camel out!

IMG_9513.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9549.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

Adrian wanted a picture of the V8 running perfectly in the water!

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg

Shortly after the snow we had a nice bit of sunshine

IMG_9595.jpg

IMG_9599_600_601HDR.jpg

IMG_9604.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

Adrian and anyone else, email me your post (or email if its only one or two) address and I'll do a CD for you.

Only request for next time would be to make sure the GPS is correctly set up to the map so we can find the punches at the co-ordinates given :P

Cheers,

Richard

Tony,

Adrian's post was in jest! we tried to convince bish that he only needed one axle to drive home on.... then we tried distracting him while we attacked his back axle but he wasn't having any of it... :D :D

Richard, would also appreciate a copy of the pix. will drop you a pm.

Cheers

Mark

In my defence, the first thing I said to Adrian on Friday evening as he arrived at the site was " I have forgotten my spare shafts"

Adrian's resonse was "That's OK as I've brought some of my own"

Little did he know they were the wrong type!! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, was a great weekend B) I'm just about thawed out now :ph34r:

Had a good time on Saturday getting the Camel stuck in the mud at every opportunity, we were meant to be marshalling but spent most the time with the others pulling us out! Had a 'Challis' moment on the side slopes with 4 people on the side of the Camel, but it drove through fine. I'm just glad we'd gone for hte lightest roof tent possible and kept the weight low down otherwise it could have been a different story! :blink:

Highlight of the weekend for me was watching the HSE with Sam (4) and Max (2) in the back going places everyone else was. Most amusing watching Jo, (Marks wife - usually drives a Focus) drive down a (very) steep rock gully whilst he was at the bottom watching! Excellent B)

Looks like a good time was had by all. Only marginally spoilt by the mess a certain couple of new members left behind at the campsite :( The last thing Dan/Mike/Becky and I wanted to do in the snow storm was be clearing that mess up.

Other than that, cracking weekend, excellent to catch up with everyone again and I'm looking forward so seeing you all again at the shows :D

Tony...the dig at bish was my effort at sarcasm.......sorry if it offended!! I'm sure Bish knew what it was all about!!

As for the half shafts - I didn't even think that the spares I had were different :rolleyes: . Stoopid old me just threw them in cos I was reminded to take some!! I wasn't reminded to take the right ones, however, so I think the blame lies elsewhere.... :lol:

I have since aquired a full set of the right shafts for, what I thought was reasonable money, and will be fitting them as soon as so that I can get out and really try out the Borg-Warner before deciding whether to keep it or not! I will also be on the look-out for more shafts to keep a correct set of spares ;)

Darthdicky's shots of me in the water are quite impressive - especially as it's a V8! I seem to have a habit of picking up V8s that like water!! Mind you, I'm sure it would have objected to me throwing it in those puddles at the speeds that some of the TDi boys were!!

Again, it looks like a great time was had by all that attended......especially the Pinzgauer boys with their axle-waving antics. Well done SLRC!! Top job!

Adrian - I used a Borg Warner for 5 years and never had a problem (other than getting stuck all the time, but I can't really balme it on the BW! :lol: ). They do eventually sieze but I would wait until that day personally.

With an LT 230 you have to keep remembering to put difflock in :ph34r::lol: . far too much like hard work if you ask me!!

A few of my photos from the weekend:

Before we left Guildford-

427103935_1d014a76a4.jpg

427120799_46fdbcbcd6.jpg

427105262_070a9884c4.jpg

427120319_a74b01c1bd.jpg

There are more on my Flickr pages at Seven Sisters Photos and I will be uploading more when I have a spare few minutes.

Thanks to the organisers for making us feel welcome and putting on such a great event. I had a really enjoyable time- and this time it wasn't me who broke Mark's disco!!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I'm glad you all had a good time, despite the rain, snow, blizzard and howling gales! :blink:

I'd personally like to thanks Bish, Chris and David for their help over the weekend :i-m_so_happy: , without people who know the site, it really wouldn't be possible to run an event at 7Sisters, it's just too big!

If anybody is missing a small green tent and a packet of paper plates :blink: , we have it in the club trailer as it was abandoned at the camp site. If you want it back, drop me a line.

Thanks again guys, hope to see you all soon!

Dan B) B)

Edit:

PS... If you have a photos you want stickin on the Shire website, get em off to Fridgefreezer.

Once again, that looked like a cool trip - that I missed!

Can I come on the one in September? That will give me a realistic finish date for my new truck (which at the moment is coming together as fast as Will Warne's truck ;) )

I really wanted to come on this one, but other stuff (selling crappy handbrakes mostly ;) ) kind of got in the way!

Si

ok thought i would chuck up a few images...

offroading in the snow

snow.jpg

richnose.jpg

lightw1.jpgmoose1.jpg

lightwrock.jpgmoosehill.jpg

where are we then ??

where.jpg

a light weight stuck on a tree stump :rolleyes:

lightwtree.jpg

the hill of death where Dan nearly took the quick way down.....

my go ...

mooose.jpg

hmmm opps :blink: ....

opps.jpgopps2.jpg

all good now... but new pants needed :lol:

thatsbetter.jpg

from a different angle ....

lightwhill.jpgsporttrack.jpg

what a great week end even better than last sept i think ....