Seven Sisters Weekend 16th-18th March

FridgeFreezer

I will give Chip a prod, got some photos to upload too.

Edit: Through the powers of the interweb photos are uploading now to here.

Also just to check from everyone who has posted photos here - are you happy for us to use them in the newsletter/website? I find it's best to check before going to press ;)

Ask and ye shall receive:

Alan Lockington & Russell - 49 punches! We checked twice... he definitely got all but 1!

M Catchpole - 26 punches

Adrian Catchpole - 24

Richard Watson - 22

Paul Acketts - 21

Daniel Burgess - 18

Chris Moorhouse - 17 punches

Austin Jewitt - 14

S Benwell - 8

Jen and Dan - 3 :-)

Well done to Alan and Russel in the pink Dakar.

To save me clicking on every picture above and doing "save as" if people could stick the originals in an e-mail to newsletter@shirelrc.com that would save me a lot of time :rolleyes:

Hmmm,

I certainly know the Dakar did a lot of the punches, but ISTR that there were quite a few that I collected that nobody had obviously driven to........ :unsure:

He didn't have his punchcard on his door did he ? Or should I say REMOVABLE door :o

We've had that before - funniest thing to see a door off a lightweight being walked around the site :lol:

I did compare the punch marks to others and they seemed to match, not a row of the same punch on different numbers that you see sometimes. ...Unless they had a lot of spare cable ties and a pair of scissors I can't see how they would have done it! :blink:

...Unless they had a lot of spare cable ties and a pair of scissors I can't see how they would have done it! :blink:

That forms the basis of all LR repair kits doesn't it??? :D

Not a bad result overall - I managed over half the punches with only half the number of wheels driving!! I'm Sure Richard did more than me, but I'm not going to argue!!

lol! I'm happy to double check.... ;):D

Alan Lockington & Russell - 49 punches! We checked twice... he definitely got all but 1!

i miss one event and the standard of the punches drops :)

paul

I certainly know the Dakar did a lot of the punches, but ISTR that there were quite a few that I collected that nobody had obviously driven to........

He did say at the end that he had got all but one, the one over the stream and up the bank, down in all the waterfalls

Definately need to make them a lot harder next time :P

Agreed, I thought the punches were well laid out, and gave those of us who arn't hardcore challenge competitors a good challenge, without being completely impossible.

Are they all the results or just those completed/handed in? I am sure more trucks were doing punches than that? Anyway, I thought 26 was a respectable number for a lardy disco on not very huge tyres... :)

Ta

Mark