Snowing!

s2hotdog

None in Birmingham (but lots of very entertaining ice on the back roads :) ) - ran into the snow as I came out of Barford by Warwick on the way to work. Not a lot of it though.

Still, finished off the best fun drive to work I've had in a long time - got stuck at a vehicle fire just short of the M42 and had to turn back and cut up the lanes (see above) to the next junction. By the time I got to Warwick the Leamington junction was backed up onto the M40 as usual, so came off at Warwick and again up the lanes from Barford - which were nice and snowy.

Got to work an hour late, but hey, I'm only doing handover stuff at the moment :)

2" in worthing, for once i kinda hope it goes away. got my motorbike test tomorrow afternoon, but then cancel them if there is snow/ice about.

Don't worry, it will be all gone by dinner time. Did my bike test in March and they were threatening to cancel that due to high winds. The test was easier than I was expecting, just remember what you have been taught. :)

Chris

Mines in pieces to, but like you say (near enough) i have a saxamo with a tasty 1.6. made it interesting on junctions

we have about 2 inches in Weybridge :P

i was well pi$$ to get to work and they had cut off 2/3rds of the carpark for gritting. it really does suck workign for a company obsessed with bubble wrap style safety.

Here in Reading, our 5 outside carparks were nice and snowy. There's a nice 30 degree slope (out of bounds, but I used it to turn around...) which needed 1st gear and difflock to get up. 2" of snow everywhere at 6.45 this morning.

I had a bit of fun for 5 mins before (reluctantly) going inside.

The FW Facilities Management guys are just great!!!!

:D:D:D

This has just been sent round by our health and safety lot:-

Dear All,

Please note the following advice for walking on snow and ice:

Plan ahead; give yourself sufficient time and plan your route.

If you can wear shoes or boots that provide traction on snow and ice, avoid smooth plastic and leather soles.

Use special care when entering and exiting vehicles; use the vehicle for support.

Walk in designated walkways as much as possible - shortcuts over un-cleared or un-gritted snow and ice should be avoided.

Look ahead when you walk; a path completely covered with ice may require travel along its grassy edge for traction.

When given no choice but to walk on ice, consider the following:

Take short steps or shuffle for stability.

Bend slightly, walk flat-footed with your centre of gravity directly over the feet as much as possible.

Be prepared to fall.

If you fall, fall with sequential contacts at your thigh, hip, and shoulder to avoid using your arms to protect against breakage.

Bend your back and head forward so you won't slam your head on the pavement as your feet shoot out from under you.

Finally, when entering buildings, remove snow and water from footwear to prevent creating wet slippery conditions indoors.

Are they having a laugh or what?????

FFS!!!!

Jon

This has just been sent round by our health and safety lot:-

Dear All,

Please note the following advice for walking on snow and ice:

Plan ahead; give yourself sufficient time and plan your route.

If you can wear shoes or boots that provide traction on snow and ice, avoid smooth plastic and leather soles.

Use special care when entering and exiting vehicles; use the vehicle for support.

Walk in designated walkways as much as possible - shortcuts over un-cleared or un-gritted snow and ice should be avoided.

Look ahead when you walk; a path completely covered with ice may require travel along its grassy edge for traction.

When given no choice but to walk on ice, consider the following:

Take short steps or shuffle for stability.

Bend slightly, walk flat-footed with your centre of gravity directly over the feet as much as possible.

Be prepared to fall.

If you fall, fall with sequential contacts at your thigh, hip, and shoulder to avoid using your arms to protect against breakage.

Bend your back and head forward so you won't slam your head on the pavement as your feet shoot out from under you.

Finally, when entering buildings, remove snow and water from footwear to prevent creating wet slippery conditions indoors.

Are they having a laugh or what?????

FFS!!!!

Jon

So funny ..... Thanks for making my day I had forgotten what the system was like in the UK having been away for a while....LOL

Looks like you will all need to stay in bed then... but keep moving about to stop bed sores.....

CHerrs

TD5Spain

you were right GBMUD by the time i got on the road, 9:45am or so, to ride the 125 to the training place to play on a real bike it was fine out there. went a bit mad in the shop today as well £190 later & everything except my feet are warm. saving buyin boots till i pass, gotta celebrate somehow?