electric KAM diffs

gelf

why is it stuff always turns up when you dont need it???

ordered a pair of KAM electric operated diffs months ago..... in the mean time i fit new suspension and recently destroy my engine, which ive still got to replace.

then yesterday i get a phone call saying my diffs had arrived ;)

also........has anyone got any pictures of 90 truck cabs which have been extended.......... ive seen them ages ago in magazines but acnt find them now.

as this is something i fancy doing whilst ive got it in peices doing everthing else.

Gelf,

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

I've converted my pickup into a kingcab - it's a pretty cool thing to do, you get a load of extra space behind the seats for kit etc.

These pictures are pretty old now.

There's more Here

If you're interested, I'm going to be producing a load of composite roof panels made from a 110 CrewCab roof, which is the proper height and looks a lot better than the extended 90 pickup roof I'm running at the moment. The 110 roofs also cost upards of £500, which is expensive for something you're going to chop down!

I can also get the side panels fabricated up very easily - I had a CADCAM program written when mine were made, and it'll cost virtually nothing to get more made. Let me know if you're interested.

FYI, I think there's only about 8 or 10 of these running in the UK at the moment - Frogs Island (who made the first) only did three...

Si

yes tonk they are............... imnot sure weather to get replacement axle casing and get it shot blasted and powder coated whilst im doing it.

im running a rear axle with drum brakes at the moment.... is a axlewith discs a straight swap?

as soon as ive got them in and a new engine i will let you know.................. ;)

Hi gelf

I assume you went for the new ones that were developed for the Santana for Spainish military. If so I would also be keen to see how you get on with them.

Cheers

Steve